Landing on an obstacle

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LudoBrabo

LudoBrabo

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

When passing through an obstacle, the ship can not assign any actions and has to make 1 damage roll. So Far so god.

But what happens when the ship lands on te obstacle.  In the game turn that it moves onto teh obstacle, no actions, 1 damage roll and ni shooting I guess. But in the next game turn the ship starts from the obstacle, so does it take another damage roll ???? and no actions??   (In fact the ship has moved through the obstacle in 2 gamle turns…)

cheers,

Ludo

#2 LudoBrabo

LudoBrabo

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

Oops;, I should have put this in the "Rules Sub Forum"….. 

#3 Pygon

Pygon

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

I didn't see your question in the Rules forum, so I'll post my quick guess here.

I would think only the movement template and the ship's last position matter, not its starting position.  So if the ship is currently on an obstacle and moves off, and the template doesn't overlap the obstacle at all, then the ship doesn't suffer any penalties or damage.

I'm not 100% on that.

Core/Wave 1: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 8 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Advanceds; Wave 2: 2 YT-1300s, 3 A-Wings, 2 Firesprays, 3 TIE Interceptors

Wave 3: 3 B-Wings, 3 TIE Bombers, 3 HWK-290s, 2 Lambda Shuttles; Imperial Aces: 2 Royal Guard Interceptors, 2 Elite Interceptors

Huge ships: 1 Tantive IV, 2 Transports, 2 alternate X-Wings; Rebel Aces: 1 prototype A-Wing, 1 Elite B-Wing

Wave 4: 3 E-Wings, 6 Z95s, 3 TIE Defenders, 3 TIE Phantoms

#4 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

EDIT: Pygon beat me to it, but he has the right of it.

On the second turn (leaving the overlapped obstacle), it becomes a question of template placement. If your movement template again overlaps any part of the obstacle, you again incur the penalties - no action, and roll for damage. If your template does NOT overlap any part of the object, you move as normal with no penalties. So if, for example, the back of your ship base begins by overlapping but the front does not, your template will likely not overlap the obstacle again. If, on the other hand, the front of your ship base is still on the obstacle and hence your movement template overlaps, then you DO have to roll for damage and lose your action phase again. Note also that in this latter case, even though you have lost your action and potentially taken collision damage, if you are no longer overlapping an obstacle during the COMBAT phase, you may attack normally.

#5 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

They actually address this on the first column of the second page of the FAQ (which you can download here): http://www.fantasyfl...eidm=174&esem=4

As I read it, if the back of your base overlaps the obstacle on one turn you are safe on your next turn.  If any part the front of the base overlaps the token (so the movement template passes over the obsticle again) you would have to roll for damage and lose your action again (but not your action unless you end on this or another token again). 

EDIT: Looks like Ziggy2000 agrees with this interpretation and that our replys overlapped. 

#6 Dewerntz

Dewerntz

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

It is also addressed in the rule book.

#7 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

Yup LudoBrabo, everyone above is right. Happened to me in the KRT. 

If you're on top of an object, and your template touches said object, you do it all over again. 

Lesson learned: stay the eff away from asteroids!!!

#8 Acebaur

Acebaur

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

The answer is, it depends. If when you go to place your maneuver template it overlaps the asteroid or your final position overlaps the asteroid, the same thing happens again(no actions, damage etc.)  However, if the maneuver template does not touch the asteroid(ie: the front of the ship is hangning off the edge of the asteroid) nothing happens and you act as normal.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS