• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wheelz

Wheelz

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

Hi all, 

I just want to clarify something.  Is it true that a characters/objectives written ability is available whether or not there is a focus on that card. For example if Darth vader is focused and I play a sith event card can I use his ability  After you play a [Sith] event card, deal 1 damage to a target unit. (Limit once per turn)?

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

Wheelz said:

Hi all, 

I just want to clarify something.  Is it true that a characters/objectives written ability is available whether or not there is a focus on that card. For example if Darth vader is focused and I play a sith event card can I use his ability  After you play a [Sith] event card, deal 1 damage to a target unit. (Limit once per turn)?

Abilities continue to function when a card is focused. The only abilities that a focused card cannot use are abilities that require you to focus them and resource generation.

#3 caedus89

caedus89

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

I have a question about an objective's ability. It reads, "You may ignore resource match requirements when playing cards from your hand," so does that mean you are able to put cards for free down from your hand or only cards that have the same building cost as the objective resource? Thanks in advance.

#4 AUCodeMonkey

AUCodeMonkey

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

caedus89 said:

I have a question about an objective's ability. It reads, "You may ignore resource match requirements when playing cards from your hand," so does that mean you are able to put cards for free down from your hand or only cards that have the same building cost as the objective resource? Thanks in advance.

You still have to pay for the cards, but you don't have to worry about one of the resources coming from the correct faction. For instance, if you had Heart of the Empire (Sith resource) as your only available resource generator, you could use it to pay for Admiral Motti (an Imperial Navy unit).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS