Where Can I Find Tyranid Stats?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Geekman042

Geekman042

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

I am sure that they have already printed these for on of the WH40kRPGs. But haven't found them yet. need them for a drifting moon for my RT game :) anyone help a guy out and tell which book I'll need to hunt up?

#2 Geekman042

Geekman042

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Nm found it in Creatures Anathema!

#3 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

A wide range of Tyranid stats can be found in the Deathwatch Core Rulebook and the DW supplement Mark of the Xenos.

#4 Aajz_Solari

Aajz_Solari

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

There are also stats for Genestealers and the Broodlord in Stars of Inequity, if I'm not mistaken.

#5 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

You can also find a bunch of tyranid stats in the free deathwatch download adventures.

#6 Lynata

Lynata

• Members
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Adeptus-B said:

A wide range of Tyranid stats can be found in the Deathwatch Core Rulebook and the DW supplement Mark of the Xenos.
Those are probably the best options. I'd expect the ones from Creatures Anathema to be severely underpowered, given that they were written for Dark Heresy!

current 40k RPG character: Aura Vashaan, Astromancer Witch-Priestess
previous characters: Captain Elias (Celestial Lions Chapter), Comrade-Trooper Dasha Malenko (1207th Valhallan Ice Warriors), Sister Elana (Order of the Sacred Rose), Leftenant Darion Baylesworth (Rogue Trader Artemisia)

#7 Leogun_91

Leogun_91

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Lynata said:

Adeptus-B said:

Those are probably the best options. I'd expect the ones from Creatures Anathema to be severely underpowered, given that they were written for Dark Heresy!

The genestealers are not, I used them in Deathwatch and they were a challenge when only outnumbering the marines 2/1, they are extreme glass cannons though, they have lethal attacks and a great dodge but if the marines get a hit in that's one dead genestealer. 

The Lictor is severely underpowered compared to marines in that setting as I experienced when a single marine could just slap it around as if it was a harmless toy, I have seen that they fixed this with later added Deathwatch Lictor rules which I haven't tried out. The DH lictor can be a challenge for a Marine but is just mariginally more dangerous than a single Genestealer for the marine.

#8 venkelos

venkelos

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

The Genesteal Cults pdf is also a good source. Again, it is mostly written for DH, but they might be effective. The main reason I mention it, though, is because it describes how a Cult works, and the trials and tribulations a ship crew, much like a Hive population, could suffer through. The sheer number of places a Tyranid could hide aboard a ship, coupled with the handful of generations who look like people, and can wander around your ship, turning others, makes for several dastardly RP options. If your ship becomes severely compromised, you could have to exterminate the infestation, or possibly stop the ship, were its guidance system seized, from making planetfall. On some levels, a ship is much like a mobile Hive Spire, so the Genesteal Cult could be right at home, safe for years. Eventually, it'll have to get off the ship, but all that might take is a crash, followed by a strategic stealth insertion into the native population, covered over by all the hubbub of the crash.

Otherwise, as was said, Deathwatch Core and Mark of the Xenos are my favorite Nid sources.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS