Jump to content



Photo

[Video] Team Covenant Star Wars LCG Tutorial and FAQ


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 zachbunn

zachbunn

    Member

  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

While the tutorial posted by Fantasy Flight for the Star Wars LCG was great, we wanted to take a shot at making a video that was a bit more of a walk through and really showed how this games works. Yesterday, we posted our tutorial video and faq!

As a heads up, we will be posting game reports in the near future for this game. Enjoy!

Zach



#2 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

    Member

  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Wow! Great video and fantastic demo. Kudos to Team Covenant for all the work they put into their vids.


The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters

23 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 69 kills versus 46 losses


#3 zachbunn

zachbunn

    Member

  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

Stormtrooper721 said:

Wow! Great video and fantastic demo. Kudos to Team Covenant for all the work they put into their vids.

Thanks! We really enjoy being able to make videos like this. 



#4 Pickles

Pickles

    Member

  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

Reay slick video guys. Your nodding donkey mate is a little distracting though :)



#5 TGO

TGO

    Member

  • Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

That was a very helpful video.

 

I look forward to more videos from you guys.



#6 iStasis

iStasis

    Member

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Rule question - why are you looking at your hand and deciding to keep before your laying and choosing your objectives ?

have mis understood this but page 11 of the rule book states you choose the objectives and then draw your 6 cards. The way the you doing it in the video is matching your objectives to your hand.

where in the rule book does it state you can draw 6 cards?



#7 Ulairi

Ulairi

    Member

  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

iStasis said:

Rule question - why are you looking at your hand and deciding to keep before your laying and choosing your objectives ?

have mis understood this but page 11 of the rule book states you choose the objectives and then draw your 6 cards. The way the you doing it in the video is matching your objectives to your hand.

where in the rule book does it state you can draw 6 cards?

 

You'resupposed draw your objectives and then draw your hand. They did it backwards. 



#8 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

    Toqtamish

  • Members
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

Sadly that makes the video less helpful. 



#9 zachbunn

zachbunn

    Member

  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

We noted that error on the video deacription and where the video was posted online. The rules do have you pick objectives first. 



#10 Theplat

Theplat

    Member

  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

Absolutely love the video. Will definitely direct any friends that want to check the game out to this video. I like how questions that arise get explained right on the spot!



#11 Ulairi

Ulairi

    Member

  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

Toqtamish said:

Sadly that makes the video less helpful. 

 

I disagree. I think the video is super helpful. There were a few mistakes but that can be correct with play. The main thrust of the video is correct and very helpful. 



#12 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

    Toqtamish

  • Members
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

I disagree. I agree that it is nice to see this but it should not need errata after filming. Maybe when they have time they can make a corrected version.



#13 Ulairi

Ulairi

    Member

  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

Toqtamish said:

I disagree. I agree that it is nice to see this but it should not need errata after filming. Maybe when they have time they can make a corrected version.

 

This isn't a FFG production. It's done by TC which is really a community support organizaton/store. 



#14 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

    Toqtamish

  • Members
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

Ulairi said:

Toqtamish said:

 

I disagree. I agree that it is nice to see this but it should not need errata after filming. Maybe when they have time they can make a corrected version.

 

 

 

This isn't a FFG production. It's done by TC which is really a community support organizaton/store. 

 

I am aware of that and I still disagree with you. Why is that such a problem  ? Agree to disagree.



#15 Remorhaz

Remorhaz

    Member

  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

very well done video. the overlay of the cards in the background is slick. i did want to see how the game played out though and see who won. 

i am hoping a second core will change my opinion of the game overall. ive been quite critical mainly because i play netrunner too and i feel like FFG hit that one out of the park. granted netrunner is a richard garfield game and i like his approach to game design a lot. 



#16 Ulairi

Ulairi

    Member

  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

Remorhaz said:

very well done video. the overlay of the cards in the background is slick. i did want to see how the game played out though and see who won. 

i am hoping a second core will change my opinion of the game overall. ive been quite critical mainly because i play netrunner too and i feel like FFG hit that one out of the park. granted netrunner is a richard garfield game and i like his approach to game design a lot. 

 

Play the Star Wars TCG and you'll change your mind about everything Garfield does. ;)

 

I actually am the opposite of you. I was turned off by Netrunner but the Star Wars LCG has me really excited. I'm adding it as my second LCG (the first being AGoT)



#17 Remorhaz

Remorhaz

    Member

  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

i lost track of garfield after netrunner so i missed the star wars TCG.  i checked out on CCGs after 1995. Magic was the WoW of its time and just ate every other ccg that tried to carve out a niche but hey Shadowfist was kick started so at least one of favs from that time period is still fighting the good fight :)

 



#18 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

    Toqtamish

  • Members
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Legend of the five Rings also survived out of the class of '95. 



#19 iStasis

iStasis

    Member

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

I agree the video was helpful and picked out some points that FFG's tutorial video didn't pickup.

I'd like to see some deck advice on the current 4 themed decks which I believe would help people understand the cards they are playing as I have been missing a few stupid combos in the games I've been playing.

I've been making a list of the mistakes I've been making to try and improve my personal games



#20 zachbunn

zachbunn

    Member

  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

A big thanks to everyone for the kind words. Just as an update, we added an annotation to the video that notes the mistake of drawing your hand first.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS