• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aertes

Aertes

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:51 PM

We have a little problem with this one.

It reads "While you control fewer characters than any opponent, each character you control gets +2 STR". I am almost sure that it means that its enough for you to have less characters than one opponent for this card effect to activate, but some people is saying that you need to have fewer characters than all of your opponents. I tell them that if thats what it meant, thats what the card would read. ¿Who is right here?.

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

Aertes said:

We have a little problem with this one.

It reads "While you control fewer characters than any opponent, each character you control gets +2 STR". I am almost sure that it means that its enough for you to have less characters than one opponent for this card effect to activate, but some people is saying that you need to have fewer characters than all of your opponents. I tell them that if thats what it meant, thats what the card would read. ¿Who is right here?.

Ugh. The "any," "each" and "all" readings can get very sticky sometimes.

You are correct. So long as there is even one opponent with more characters than you, your characters get +2 each. If you were supposed to have the fewest characters to get the bonus, it would read something more like "while you control fewer characters than each opponent..." or "while you control the fewest characters...".

#3 Aertes

Aertes

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:51 PM

Thank you for your help.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS