Snow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tristan617

Tristan617

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

So, I want to be able to sprinkle a considerable amount of snow for the battlefield I'm building. Are there any options of snow that I can cover the board with that fare tees it won't get rubbed of like glueing it down or something so it doesn't get messy. Any suggestions would be good. I dont want to mix plaster or have any complicated painting and all thanks

#2 Harliquine

Harliquine

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

Not much of a way really. Terrain gets damaged and glue breaks down over time. 

Now to help hide the damage you should paint the surface you want snow on a nice white color. Then as the snow rubs off there's white color underneath to help hide the bare spot. I highly recommend GW's snow product and using thin layers of thick super glue, P3 or GW brand super glue is fine, and then sprinkling the snow on top of that.  For trees use white primer but hold the can back further than you normally would and at a down ward angle to the right side up tree. Light spritz work better than heavy sprays. This is a good formula for a powdery snow look. I'd post a picture of some of my stuff here if I knew how,

#3 xBeakeRx

xBeakeRx

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

If you have access to a Hobby Lobby or Michaels craft store, I purchased some stuff there called "Snow-Tex".  It is really easy to use, spreads nicely, and is fairly inexpensive.  I've used it for model bases in the past along with terrain pieces.  Normally I just spread it on with a toothpick or butter knife if covering a larger area.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS