co-op play - first time, a few questions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

I have played a lot of solo games…i had my first co-op experience last night and had a question:

unless expressed on the card, are all hero or character actions only useful to the player who owns them?

For example, Eleanor can cancel a "When Revealed" but can that "When Revealed still be cancelled if it would effect another player?

In this case, there was a Treachery card revealed in the quest phase that would force the player with the highest threat to discard an attachment they control. Player 1 had Eleanor, Player 2 had the higher threat.

Would Eleanor's ability only apply to "When Revelead" cards that would affect her player?

I ran into a few other instances like this and since this is my first game not solo, I needed to ask.

Thanks!

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#2 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

Yes. The effect on Eleanor can target Encounter cards that are going to affect other players than the owner of Eleanor.

Same as Will fo the West, Beravor, Erebor Hammersmith, etc

Carlos José Matos

#3 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

although I am grateful for your answer my question was really more general….can all actions, responses, etc…help both players unless the card specifies one player or the other?

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#4 richsabre

richsabre

the REAL Gandalf.....

• Members
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

hendersondayton said:

although I am grateful for your answer my question was really more general….can all actions, responses, etc…help both players unless the card specifies one player or the other?

in general that is correct

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#5 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

so as long as the card itself does not specify which player, I can play any of my cards, in any of the phases or times that i can play cards (events, actions, etc.) to the benefit of the other player?

#6 richsabre

richsabre

the REAL Gandalf.....

• Members
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

yes you can. though i really think that each card explains itself…for instance they will say 'choose a player/location/enemy/ally'

unless a card says otherwise, and you are staying to the usual rules, they can work for all players

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#7 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

Another question - Can Attachments be played on any players heros or just the controller?

Can Player A play Attachments on characters In Play for Player B?

#8 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Yeah, you can play attachments on other characters' heroes so long as you meet the play restrictions on the card (e.g., A Burning Brand has to go on a hero with a Lore resource icon, Dwarrowdelf Axe has to go on a Dwarf hero, etc).

#9 Benu

Benu

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

I'm just starting to play that awesome game (with my daughter ;-)), and have the same doubts. Thank you for clear answer!!!

Best regards,

Benu

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS