The Emperor and his Force Lightning

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 perrywrogers

perrywrogers

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Every time an objective card was removed, the DS player used the Emperor's ability to pull the Force Lightning event card from his discard pile.  Destroyed Yoda, Kenobi, and Yoda again who had been Return of the Jedi-ed.  Aaargh! reir

#2 SeerMagic

SeerMagic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

without a doubt, the emperor's pod is the best in the game.

#3 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

Emp is good, and its a good pod.  But its based on top decking a 6 cost chr with 2 health, 1 jedi mind trick and luke or han targeted strikes him the next turn, i still think moff is the best imperial card.

Magni

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#4 UrsusMajor

UrsusMajor

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

The Force Lighting card seems over powered… it can take down any unit that's been focused.  I can see this being the case with characters, but not capital ship vehicle units.   Is it meant to be that powerful?

#5 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Yes it is meant to be that powerful. Awesome card and awesome objective set. 

#6 Xenu's Paradox

Xenu's Paradox

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

UrsusMajor said:

The Force Lighting card seems over powered… it can take down any unit that's been focused.  I can see this being the case with characters, but not capital ship vehicle units.   Is it meant to be that powerful?

For 3 cost, yes. 3 is a huge investment for a one-shot effect.

I have to say, though, I like Vader's pod better. And Counsel. That Advisor is a beast.

#7 ilgoga

ilgoga

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Since it cost three and can be canceled I don't think it's overpowered (but still awesome!). Lost Home One and Obi-Wan to it today triste

#8 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

I do some volunteer work for another card game, and we have these discussions all the time about the power level of particular cards, and some of the unintended consequences that come out of them.

I am personally in favor of a handful of powerful cards; especially if they keep other powerful cards in check. It seems that if it can be cancelled, requires other cards to be in play, and requires the opponent to also accomplish their own action, a balance of some sort has been struck.

Welcome to the machine!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS