Photo

New player question on enemy engagement and threat strength.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 woodman

woodman

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

When an enemy is engeged, but not defeated, he stays engaged until defeated.  In the rules it says that this card leaves the staging area.  When calculating threat strength in the next round, I assume this card no longer counts toward the total threat strength as the rules say, "combined threat strength of all cards in the Staging Area".  Am I correct on this or do I still count the threat strength of an engaged enemy card? 

#2 woodman

woodman

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Found the answer in the FAQ.  They do not count toward the threat when engaged. sonreir

#3 daftpunk9050

daftpunk9050

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Correct, sometimes you just have to go again over the rules when needed. I rememeber my first game when I thought that all enemies go back to staging area every turn after attack. I thought this game was impossible.

#4 andersb25

andersb25

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

I have not understood how many cards to add to the staging area each turn. We are three players. Shall we add cards so that there are 3 cards in the staging area each turn? Or shall we add 3 cards each turn regardless of how many cards that already are in the staging area? Is this in addition to the cards that are engaged to players?

#5 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

andersb25 said:

I have not understood how many cards to add to the staging area each turn. We are three players. Shall we add cards so that there are 3 cards in the staging area each turn? Or shall we add 3 cards each turn regardless of how many cards that already are in the staging area? Is this in addition to the cards that are engaged to players?

If there are 3 players, you reveal 3 cards each quest phase, no matter how many cards are already in the staging area.

Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS