• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 takanodan

takanodan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

Hi.

I'm new, and I got the game this Christmas. and i have a doubt, the rules say that the first to reach 7 castles or strongholds, wins the game.

Ok, but for example,  start the turn 5 and i play first, and conquest the 7 castles, I  win?, or i have to wait the end of turn of everybody, and  keep the 7 castles for win?

#2 kauai1964

kauai1964

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

Rulebooks says:

"If, at any time during the game, a player controls seven such areas, that player immediately wins the game."

As soon as you reach 7 castles, game over.  You win.  You do not need to wait until the end of the turn/round.

#3 ArcticPangolin

ArcticPangolin

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

This is correct.

If I recall, 1st edition was the end of the turn (or our group interpreted it that way) but an immediate win makes for a more tense and strategic game.

#4 dypaca

dypaca

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

ArcticPangolin said:

This is correct.

If I recall, 1st edition was the end of the turn (or our group interpreted it that way) but an immediate win makes for a more tense and strategic game.

1st edition was the same way.  "If a House, at any time, controls seven areas containing Cities and Strongholds, the game is immediately over and that player is declared the winner."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS