Where's the Star Wars Avatars?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Why aren't we getting any Star Wars avatars yet? The only thing that pops to mind are licensing issues (the no-software debacle). I can't see that fitting here though since we already can get avatars of sorts by our names by putting a Star Wars game (X-wing, Beta RPG, Beginner RPG) in our favorite list.

I figured it might happen when the Beginner game went to the press, but it didn't. I'm visiting the Star Wars forums now almost exclusively but still have a Game of Thrones symbol as an avatar.

#2 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

I am also eager to put up a Star Wars avatar, preferably a Stormtrooper.

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 2 VT-49 Decimators, 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters, 1 Lambda

26 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 79 kills versus 49 losses

#3 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,522 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

We'll probably start seeing them once the final version of the corebook comes out (Spring 2013).

Licensing shouldn't be too big of an issue, as even WotC had a bunch of Star Wars avatars (mostly figures from their minis line), and FFG has avatars based upon images from quite a few other licensed products (SoI&F/Game of Thrones, Warhammer, Cthulhu Mythos).

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS