• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Esmer

Esmer

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

Hi all,

Im trying to build a fleet so i can kick my friends ass but im not sure if i should spam the field with a lot of ships or make some big boys to take them out.  My current ships are

• 2 X-Wing
  • 2 Y-Wing
  • 1 A-Wing

Does anyone have any suggestions for a fleet using these?

Cheers

Es

#2 The R5Don4 Star II

The R5Don4 Star II

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

Wedge, R2 Astro & Push the Limit, Torp

Biggs, R2-F2

Tycho, Squad Leader, Homing Missile

98 pts

If you have access to the upgrade cards add stealth to Biggs and downgrade the missile to Concussion.

Keep the squad in tight formation.  Have Tycho use squad leader to have Biggs Focus & R2-F2 Agility boost every turn.  Wedge should be Focus & Locking making kills regularly.

#3 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Esmer said:

Hi all,

Im trying to build a fleet so i can kick my friends ass but im not sure if i should spam the field with a lot of ships or make some big boys to take them out.  My current ships are

• 2 X-Wing
  • 2 Y-Wing
  • 1 A-Wing

Cheers

Es

what does your friend play? vader +4-5 ties or a 6 ship tie fighter build?

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#4 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

how about…

Wedge Antilles (29) -R2D2 (4) = 33

Garven Dreis (26) -R2F2 (3) = 29

Dutch Vander (23) -ion cannon (5) -R5K6 (2) = 30

92 points + 8 pts of your choice of upgrades. depends what u prefer. Swarm Tactics on Wedge is one possibility. Proton Torpedo's is another. Sorta depends on what upgrades you have available. What do you have?

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#5 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Total Squad Points: 100

Pilot: Wedge Antilles
X-Wing (29)
Upgrades:
R2-D2 (4)

Pilot: Rookie Pilot 1
X-Wing (21)
Upgrades:
No upgrades Selected

Pilot: Gold Squadron Pilot 1
Y-Wing (18)
Upgrades:
Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Pilot: Arvel Crynyd
A-Wing (23)
Upgrades:
No upgrades Selected

Rush in Arvel, cause your opponent to lose actions from collisions. Fly your Y-Wing right past your opponent's ships and use the Ion Cannon to avoid needing to face any particular direction. That leaves Wedge and Rookie as viable targets. If they attack Wedge, he has R2-D2. If they attack Rookie, you didn't want them attacking Wedge anyway so he is acting like a 21 point Biggs.

Boom. You win.

EDIT: This forum software sucks. Why is my text the wrong color? 

#6 ArcticSnake

ArcticSnake

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

Total Points: 99

X-W Rookie Pilot (22pts)

X-W Rookie Pilot (22pts)

Y-W Gold Squadron Pilot (19pts)

Y-W Gold Squadron Pilot (19pts)
Engine Upgrade (4pts)

A-W Prototype Pilot (17pts)

Engine Upgrade on the Y-W should allow it to be able to stick to with A-W most of the time so that you have a squad of 2X 1Y and a squad of 1A 1Y.

Use the 2X 1Y for frontal assaults and flank with the 1A 1Y.  This should be a fun build to play, but may not be recommended for tourneys. 

Another fun build to do is to put a remove the Engine Mod from the Y-W and replace it with a Stealth Mod on the A-W. A-W works on its own while the 2X 2Y squad does frontal assaults.

Battlescribe X-Wing Miniatures Data file links:
Index.bsi file: https://dl.dropboxus...tures/index.bsi
Index.xml file: https://dl.dropboxus...tures/index.xml

#7 Esmer

Esmer

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

The_Brown_Bomber said:

Esmer said:

Hi all,

• 2 X-Wing
  • 2 Y-Wing
  • 1 A-Wing

Cheers

Es

Its for playing against multiple different builds really.  I Just want an all round decent build thats for for me to play :) 

Card wise i have at least one of each from all the expansions bar the Millenium Falcon, Slave and Inteceptor.

Thanks for the suggestions some really cool builds to try :)

#8 afilter

afilter

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

I am trying new stuff all the time as I learn more an more about the game.

Give this site a try:

http://home.comcast....ml?scroll=false

You can then customize several builds and see what works best for both Rebels and Imperials.  It also alows you to view the cards so you can see what you migh tbe up against and what you might want to purchase in the future.

HTH,

Aaron

#9 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

Esmer said:

The_Brown_Bomber said:

Esmer said:

Hi all,

• 2 X-Wing
  • 2 Y-Wing
  • 1 A-Wing

Cheers

Es

Its for playing against multiple different builds really.  I Just want an all round decent build thats for for me to play :) 

Card wise i have at least one of each from all the expansions bar the Millenium Falcon, Slave and Inteceptor.

Thanks for the suggestions some really cool builds to try :)

ok cool. if it was me id spring for a 3rd x-wing as this ive su the option of going with a 4 sip rebel build (3 x-wing + 1 y-wing). lots of rebel players on these forums swear by the 3 ship builds that use 2 x-wings + 1 y-wing (similar to the one i suggested in an earlier post, you can even go with Wedge + Luke + top y-wing pilot like horton slam, maxing out each pilot at about 33pts each). I personally prefer the 4 ship rebel builds that use 3 x-wings and y-wing or just run 4 x-wings if u have them I am not a huge fan of y-wings myself but i can see how they add a certain versatily to your squad and create a whole ' damnded if i do and damned if i dont' attack the y-wing worry. y-wings have the ability to negate the tie fighters agility somewhat by attacking with the ion cannon and should be able to pick off wounded ships fairley regularly. with either faction i find ur main choice is offense vs defense, as in  choose what sort of team u want i terms of fast kills or grinding out 'outlast them' builds with defensive droids and agility bonuses. another key consideration that some players overlook is building in synergy into your squad - having pilots with abilities that naturally complement each other helps early on but can make u vulnerable if u lose a key ship mid-late game. you really just have to try out different builds and decide what you like. it sorta depends on ur play style as well. people used to debate over which was better Luke or Wedge - one is offensive the other defensive. play both and decide which ones working for you :)

Lord Vader

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS