Campaign brainstorming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nomad_Druid

Nomad_Druid

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

I'll be getting my books soon and I wanted to start thinking up some campaign ideas. Anyone want to share some ideas with eachother? Even if its still early in devolopment. 

So far a have a couple ones involving jungle warfare. My buds want to play a Catachan regiment.

• Retaking a Chaos Renegade City. The agriworld had a coup d'etat led by the Chaos tainted General of a Jungle fighter regiment. Not as large or dangerous at Catachan, but still very boastful of their soldiers who have led many campaign against Tau forces. Will my friends be able to show the soldiers of planet Sorbo that they are the best jungle fighters the Imperium has and take out the renagade forces?

• Orks abound! We are the reinforcements! The citys are all captured and have been secured. But with the past army nearly depleted the Catachans must go deep into the jungles to aid the                       regiment. Most of the remaining orks are feral but as they go deeper in the steamy jungles they begin to find the original Roks. Also standing in the way is indiginous groups. 

Anyone else care to share?

#2 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Avernus is a subsector capital in open secession from the Imperium. The Planetary Governor has earned the loyalty of the PDF, the bulk of the planet's Guard regiments, a number of Chaos Reavers, and a Renegade Astartes Warband. The traitors control all but one of the planet's hive-cities and the majority of the valuable promethium refineries. Hereteks mine the ice caps for something important, but none are quite sure what (it's probably Necron tech) and heretics rule the world.

The PCs play as members of the Avernus Avengers, men of the remaining Guard regiments devoted to the Imperium of Man. They desperately cling to the last hive-city, using their trademark Tauros vehicles and all manner of combat bikes to traverse the planet's salt flats. Word has reached them of a battlefleet en route to the world, bringing with it numerous regiments of Cadians and Kriegers, but for now they stand alone, outnumbered, and under-supplied.

The Avernus Campaign has been quite handy to me. The Ordo Hereticus would really like to know why the planet turned to Chaos so quickly and how the traitors took over so totally, the Officio Assassinorium dispatched operatives to execute the Planetary Governor and numerous secessionist officials, and the Adeptus Mechanicus would very much like to shut down the polar excavations. The Imperial Guard wage an open war with help from the Imperial Navy (the native regiments have a fondness for aircraft) and the much-diminished Ecclesiarchy and Arbites both struggle to survive.

It can be used for any of the gamelines; Dark Heresy for poor acolytes sent in under deep cover, Rogue Trader for those with a grudge against particular Reavers, Deathwatch for both the xenos threat and a hatred of their traitor brethren (the warband is left open-ended, but works best as Alpha Legion or Word Bearers), Black Crusade for the conquerors who seek to set up an alternate future, and Only War for the poor Avengers racing across the salt flats and fighting tooth-and-nail for their home.

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#3 Radwraith

Radwraith

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

I just resurrected a VERY old thread from when this game was fist announced. Hope it Helps!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS