• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Trowa

Trowa

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

I have two rules questions that I'm hoping the community can help me with

1st: If a unit has a shield token on it can that unit discard the shield token to prevent focusing to strike?

2nd: If an engagement is begun but the objective is destroyed by a fate card after the edge battle, does the battle immediately end or do you still play out strikes as normal? 

#2 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Trowa said:

I have two rules questions that I'm hoping the community can help me with

1st: If a unit has a shield token on it can that unit discard the shield token to prevent focusing to strike?

2nd: If an engagement is begun but the objective is destroyed by a fate card after the edge battle, does the battle immediately end or do you still play out strikes as normal? 

1) page 23 of the rulebook states that it can only prevent damage/focus token "by an attack or enemy effect (i.e. it cannot prevent damage and focus tokens placed by it's controller's costs or effects)." Since you're doing the focusing, you can't prevent it.

2) I haven't read anything in the rules that suggests that the engagement ends when the objective is destroyed. If that were true, I'd expect to see it on page 23. I'm going to say you play your strikes as normal, but I'm willing to hear others' opinions on this.

[cool name, by the way]

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

In the GenCon demo at least, you had to finish striking even when all enemy units or the objective was destroyed. That matches how the rules read now as well.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS