• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Wondering how this might pan out.

Biggs Darklighter + R2-F2 + Stealth Device (31)

Lando Calrissian + Draw Their Fire + Nien Nunb + Millenium Falcon (47)

Rookie Pilot (21)

With this I was thinking that Biggs is 3 agility, using his action he goes to 4 (5 at range 3), Lando gives him free action so focus (when he does green) and thanks to Niem all straights are green.  I guess its as good of chance as any to keep him alive.  Lando has his own evade action and with "Draw Their Fire" we can keep the crits off the Xwings (especially Biggs).

#2 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Chewie seems a better fit for Draw Their Fire.

(Chewie) Unique
When you are dealt a faceup damage card, immediately flip it facedown (without resolving its ability).

redirect crits to chewie and flip em down. seems pretty good.

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#3 godofcheese

godofcheese

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

I prefer Luke with R2-D2.

He takes all the crits on his shields… which R2 then regenerates. It's also cheaper.

Biggs -  R2-F2, Stealth Device

Luke - R2-D2, Draw Their Fire

still leaves enough points for Wedge with upgrades.

The perfect Trench Run Squad, Luke, Biggs and Wedge.

#4 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Chewie is better with Draw there Fire, but Lando lets Biggs Focus for added defense.  Now Biggs is rolling 4 or 5 dice, and he gets to use a focus for those times that he needs the extra help.  I've been toying around with a similar list.  I use Tycho Celchu with Squad leader to give Biggs a Focus.  Now even if both guys do a K-Turn I can still have Biggs do an action.

#5 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

I don't think stealth with Biggs is a very good idera.  He is going to be shot at for sure (that is basically his powerf) so he will be hit eventually, probably pretty soon and then all the stealth bonus goes away.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#6 godofcheese

godofcheese

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Hrathen said:

I don't think stealth with Biggs is a very good idera.  He is going to be shot at for sure (that is basically his powerf) so he will be hit eventually, probably pretty soon and then all the stealth bonus goes away.

The point of giving it to Biggs is to make him that bit harder to hit. Yes he'll be hit eventually and lose it, but even if it stops him dying on the first pass, it's well worth it's points.

Add in another ship with Draw their fire to take away the criticals and he should keep it for a bit longer.

#7 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

The X-wing I would like to see with stealth would be Luke.  Of all the X-wings, he is the most likely to avoid getting hit AND that extra Agility dice is just one more chance to roll an eye.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#8 CPTMcMurphy

CPTMcMurphy

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

I have had little luck with stealth devices, always seem to lose them in the first shots or two at said ship.  Theoretically it sounds interesting; realisticly I think you may be setting yourself up for some heart break.

#9 executor

executor

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

CPTMcMurphy said:

I have had little luck with stealth devices, always seem to lose them in the first shots or two at said ship.  Theoretically it sounds interesting; realisticly I think you may be setting yourself up for some heart break.

it will all depend on where the meta game goes.  i'm sure there is a magic number, but that will require a lot of playtesting through the masses and we will only find out probably a few months after the release of wave 2

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders

#10 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

mrfroggies said:

Chewie is better with Draw there Fire, but Lando lets Biggs Focus for added defense.  Now Biggs is rolling 4 or 5 dice, and he gets to use a focus for those times that he needs the extra help.  I've been toying around with a similar list.  I use Tycho Celchu with Squad leader to give Biggs a Focus.  Now even if both guys do a K-Turn I can still have Biggs do an action.

that is incorrect, squad leader on techo will do nothing if biggs does a kiogran turn. Remember squad leader gives a free action, which is specificly forbidden to be taken if you have stress

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#11 Lord_Squinty

Lord_Squinty

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Torresse said:

mrfroggies said:

that is incorrect, squad leader on techo will do nothing if biggs does a kiogran turn. Remember squad leader gives a free action, which is specificly forbidden to be taken if you have stress

From FAQ:

Q: If a ship is required to skip its “Perform

Action” step, is it still allowed to perform

free actions outside of the “Perform

Action” step?

A: Yes.

#12 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Lord_Squinty said:

Torresse said:

mrfroggies said:

From FAQ:

Action” step?

That is in reference to if you collide with another ship and had to lose your action. if you have stress tokens, you may not perform any actions, including free ones

#13 Tawnos

Tawnos

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Duraham said:

Lord_Squinty said:

Torresse said:

mrfroggies said:

From FAQ:

Action” step?

That is in reference to if you collide with another ship and had to lose your action. if you have stress tokens, you may not perform any actions, including free ones

That section of the FAQ has been misquoted in the context of "taking actions while stressed" a lot.  FF should add an elaboration by it that says "skipping your Perform action step is not the same as losing the ability to perform actions (see Stress)".

#14 ReaverRandall

ReaverRandall

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

i've used stealth device on biggs several times. it does make a difference. r2f2 + stealth is a workable combo. plus biggs drives an Xwing so he should still be pumping out those 3 shots at something every turn. i've noticed it keeps him alive 2-3 turns longer and that is HUGE for an x-wing.

#15 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

I think the big thing about keeping Biggs alive is also keeping him near Wedge w/exposed.  Hehehe

#16 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

The first Falcon list I made had Chewie with Draw Their fire and Biggs with R2F2 and Stealth. It willbe a fun combo for sure, and will see a lot of action. i could see Lando giving him a focus action as a different take on the same concept. Although a Firespray with Heavy Laser Cannons will decimate those 2 fairly easily by itself.

#17 niceas

niceas

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

It also doesn't help that it is still a game that involves dice.  For example, last night I played a game against a TIE swarm, with Biggs with R2F2.

During the first round of engagement, Biggs lost shields at long range against fire from two TIEs (admittedly the TIEs were benefitting from close proximity with Howlrunner).  The other 5 TIEs were out of range.  During the second round of engagement, Biggs' pilot skill went to 0 from a critical, and he took an additional damage - all from fire from 3 TIEs (the others couldn't draw line of sight to him) through an asteroid.  During the third round of engagement, a stray shot hit Biggs, killing him, from the only TIE that could draw line of sight to him.

A few of those shots were at short range, but I couldn't roll an evade to save Biggs' life.

And that's simply the way the dice can go in this game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS