Failing a quest

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KetxeFretxe

KetxeFretxe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hello, sorry for my english, is not my natural language.

I have a big doubt, in the rules "If the player fails to complete a task and at least one of the
rolled dice shows a terror result, he resolves all terror effects on the Adventure card, as well as any terror effects on the current Mythos card"

If the quest doesn't have terror effects, ¿should i solve the terror effects of the Mythos Card? I think the sentence is not clear about this.

Thanks.

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Yes, Terror from Mythos still triggers.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 KetxeFretxe

KetxeFretxe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Dam said:

Yes, Terror from Mythos still triggers.

Thanks for your answer, another question more. ¿What effects should be applied? ¿both effects thoght midnight has not arrived? ¿or only the instant effect?

Thanks again.

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Are there any Mythos card where the added Terror effect is in the top-half (instant)? Can't recall seeing one, I think as lingering effects Terror effects are listed in the bottom-half, but regardless, you'll only do whichever half has the Terror effect listed.

#5 KetxeFretxe

KetxeFretxe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

Dam said:

Are there any Mythos card where the added Terror effect is in the top-half (instant)? Can't recall seeing one, I think as lingering effects Terror effects are listed in the bottom-half, but regardless, you'll only do whichever half has the Terror effect listed.

Thanks again but i dont see any terror effect on the cards (at least in the spanish version), in the top-half or bottom-half there are listed some effects but  none is preceded with the word key "terror effect" as it happens with the quest cards.

#6 anonymous

anonymous

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

Only some mythos cards add a terror effect.

#7 KetxeFretxe

KetxeFretxe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

I suppose the terror effects on the Mithos cards are the effects listed on the top-half of the card. But im not sure…….

#8 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

I could only find one image on BGG with a Mythos card that had a Terror effect and that effect is in the bottom-half:

http://www.boardgame...ign?size=medium

Card at the bottom of the middle row adds a Terror effect to all Adventure cards, replacing any that the Adventure itself may have listed.

#9 KetxeFretxe

KetxeFretxe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

Yes, you are right. The sentece in the guide "as well as any terror effects on the current Mythos card" creates a bit of confussion i think. I have the doubt solved.

Thanks.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS