Jump to content



Photo

Trace amounts of Perfection - New Jinteki Identity


  • Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

    Toqtamish

  • Members
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3833

 



#2 X7XsnowmanX7X

X7XsnowmanX7X

    Member

  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

I'm liking all 3 of these.  The identity is amazing, forcing the runner to run on a central server first before he can attempt one on remote server will drain his resources quick.  I like the flavor of Fetal AI as well as the artwork.  I can see Weyland utilizing trick of light with all the options for advancement with its ICE.



#3 wedgeex

wedgeex

    Member

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

This is what Jinteki needed. 

I don't know what helps more the two specific cards or the new ID but I know I'll be using all of them. Fetal AI sounds more brutal in the original Jinteki but I'll be using it either way.



#4 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

    Member

  • Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

This is from the January pack, yes?

Why do Jinteki get no love?



#5 Hdnggrnchrg

Hdnggrnchrg

    Member

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

signoftheserpent said:

This is from the January pack, yes?

Why do Jinteki get no love?

Not sure if trolling or just dim-witted…



#6 dancingcrab

dancingcrab

    Member

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hdnggrnchrg said:

signoftheserpent said:

 

This is from the January pack, yes?

Why do Jinteki get no love?

 

 

Not sure if trolling or just dim-witted…

 

I *think* s/he's asking why do people currently dislike Jinteki's cards/playstyle.



#7 Palpster

Palpster

    Member

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

I loved Jinteki in Core mostly for the flavor and the chance of flatlining the Runner (without even resorting to Scorched Earth) , but hard to play succesfully. These new cards make Jinteki that much more awesome. Love the new identity although not sure how well it works combined with ambushes like Junebug since you're actually reducing the odds of the Runner going for a remote server.



#8 Hdnggrnchrg

Hdnggrnchrg

    Member

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Palpster said:

I loved Jinteki in Core mostly for the flavor and the chance of flatlining the Runner (without even resorting to Scorched Earth) , but hard to play succesfully. These new cards make Jinteki that much more awesome. Love the new identity although not sure how well it works combined with ambushes like Junebug since you're actually reducing the odds of the Runner going for a remote server.

Over on BGG, people were arguing the opposite. If the runner has to lose a click and X resources before even getting a chance to run, maybe they won't draw that extra card. Maybe they won't use that sure gamble. Maybe they won't put in that sentry breaker. Maybe they won't make sure with infiltration before they run.

This is the return of fun being competitive in Netrunner, IMHO.



#9 Kaic

Kaic

    Member

  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

Hdnggrnchrg said:

Palpster said:

 

I loved Jinteki in Core mostly for the flavor and the chance of flatlining the Runner (without even resorting to Scorched Earth) , but hard to play succesfully. These new cards make Jinteki that much more awesome. Love the new identity although not sure how well it works combined with ambushes like Junebug since you're actually reducing the odds of the Runner going for a remote server.

 

 

Over on BGG, people were arguing the opposite. If the runner has to lose a click and X resources before even getting a chance to run, maybe they won't draw that extra card. Maybe they won't use that sure gamble. Maybe they won't put in that sentry breaker. Maybe they won't make sure with infiltration before they run.

This is the return of fun being competitive in Netrunner, IMHO.

 

I'm part of the camp that believes traps are a bit weaker with the ID.  I just don't see people running on remote servers as much, unless the corp is close to winning the game or something.



#10 Messenger

Messenger

    Member

  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

wedgeex said:

This is what Jinteki needed. 

I don't know what helps more the two specific cards or the new ID but I know I'll be using all of them. Fetal AI sounds more brutal in the original Jinteki but I'll be using it either way.

This.

As a trap faction, Jinteki needs more tricks for messing with the head of its opponent. As the net damage faction, it needs to inflict bigger punishment on the Runner. As the ICE-synergy faction, it needs to get the Runner tangled up in the web it weaves.

This is love.



#11 Gpetiso

Gpetiso

    Member

  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

From my point of view with this new Jenteki identity runner are more possible to get "Snare!" o "Fetal AI", also you can plan your ice better since you know that the runner are going to your central files for sure.  Maybe it is not yet the best identity but I think that open a lot of trick posibilities… only thinking in "precognicion"…



#12 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

    Member

  • Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Hdnggrnchrg said:

signoftheserpent said:

 

This is from the January pack, yes?

Why do Jinteki get no love?

 

 

Not sure if trolling or just dim-witted…

 

I get that Android NR is seen as a more cerebral cardgame, that's why I picked it up.

But it's not an excuse to be rude.

The attitude on this forum, far too often, is utterly uncalled for.



#13 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

    Member

  • Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Messenger said:

wedgeex said:

 

This is what Jinteki needed. 

I don't know what helps more the two specific cards or the new ID but I know I'll be using all of them. Fetal AI sounds more brutal in the original Jinteki but I'll be using it either way.

 

This.

 

As a trap faction, Jinteki needs more tricks for messing with the head of its opponent. As the net damage faction, it needs to inflict bigger punishment on the Runner. As the ICE-synergy faction, it needs to get the Runner tangled up in the web it weaves.

This is love.

The corporations, cards wise, are somewhat on the backfoot because there are 4 of them and each needs cards as well as Agendas.

Having 3 copies of each new identity in the packs doesn't really help. I don't know who thought that was a good idea; they could have included at least 3 new corp identities in WLA instead of 3 copies of the Haas id (likewise for the runners).

 



#14 Kaic

Kaic

    Member

  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

signoftheserpent said:

The corporations, cards wise, are somewhat on the backfoot because there are 4 of them and each needs cards as well as Agendas.

Having 3 copies of each new identity in the packs doesn't really help. I don't know who thought that was a good idea; they could have included at least 3 new corp identities in WLA instead of 3 copies of the Haas id (likewise for the runners).

 

 

I'm fairly certain the 3X of the Identities is a printing cost issue, it was cheaper to have 3 copies of it than to have only one, and definitely cheaper than 3 different identities.  I'm not part of FFG so I can't say for ceratin, but it does line up with everything I've heard about printing cards.

 

I think FFG wants to get some diversity for identities out there for now, but once we all have 2 or 3 different choices for each faction we could start to see some packs without new identities.  This would free up room for another card.



#15 Saturnine

Saturnine

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

Kaic said:

I'm fairly certain the 3X of the Identities is a printing cost issue, it was cheaper to have 3 copies of it than to have only one, and definitely cheaper than 3 different identities.  I'm not part of FFG so I can't say for ceratin, but it does line up with everything I've heard about printing cards.

 

As much as I hate to put more fuel into the fire of serpent's tiresome tirades, that is actually not the case. All the cards for one pack are printed onto a single sheet, so it makes no difference to the printer what those cards actually are. However, the 3x for identities makes everything so much simpler for FFG because they have an odd number of factions, so if they included only one copy of each identity, they would end up with either one or two empty slots for some of their 60 card packs. Having 3 of each keeps it simple and fair, everyone gets their 20 new cards at 3 copies each.



#16 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

    Member

  • Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

Saturnine said:

 

Kaic said:

 

I'm fairly certain the 3X of the Identities is a printing cost issue, it was cheaper to have 3 copies of it than to have only one, and definitely cheaper than 3 different identities.  I'm not part of FFG so I can't say for ceratin, but it does line up with everything I've heard about printing cards.

 

 

 

As much as I hate to put more fuel into the fire of serpent's tiresome tirades, that is actually not the case. All the cards for one pack are printed onto a single sheet, so it makes no difference to the printer what those cards actually are. However, the 3x for identities makes everything so much simpler for FFG because they have an odd number of factions, so if they included only one copy of each identity, they would end up with either one or two empty slots for some of their 60 card packs. Having 3 of each keeps it simple and fair, everyone gets their 20 new cards at 3 copies each.

 

I'm tired of this constant ad hom abuse. [Edited for expletives]

 



#17 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

    Toqtamish

  • Members
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

signoftheserpent said:


I'm tired of this constant ad hom abuse. [Edited for expletives]

 

 

 

Nice comeback . Grow up. Ever since you started posting here you were complaining about the game and how you were not going to get it. You were rude and argumentative with almost every post you made. Now you are getting mad at others because they are tired of your crap. And swearing on top of it. I have already reported you to the moderators as I don't want to read nonsense like your posts. You went against what you said and got the game anyway, great I hope you enjoy it but if you cannot contribute to the discussion here in any kind of a meaningful way and just want to complain constantly then go post somewhere else more appropriate like BGG.



#18 Hdnggrnchrg

Hdnggrnchrg

    Member

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

signoftheserpent said:

 

Saturnine said:

 

Kaic said:

 

I'm fairly certain the 3X of the Identities is a printing cost issue, it was cheaper to have 3 copies of it than to have only one, and definitely cheaper than 3 different identities.  I'm not part of FFG so I can't say for ceratin, but it does line up with everything I've heard about printing cards.

 

 

 

As much as I hate to put more fuel into the fire of serpent's tiresome tirades, that is actually not the case. All the cards for one pack are printed onto a single sheet, so it makes no difference to the printer what those cards actually are. However, the 3x for identities makes everything so much simpler for FFG because they have an odd number of factions, so if they included only one copy of each identity, they would end up with either one or two empty slots for some of their 60 card packs. Having 3 of each keeps it simple and fair, everyone gets their 20 new cards at 3 copies each.

 

I'm tired of this constant ad hom abuse. [Edited for expletives]

 

 

 

signoftheserpent said:

 

Saturnine said:

 

Kaic said:

 

I'm fairly certain the 3X of the Identities is a printing cost issue, it was cheaper to have 3 copies of it than to have only one, and definitely cheaper than 3 different identities.  I'm not part of FFG so I can't say for ceratin, but it does line up with everything I've heard about printing cards.

 

 

 

As much as I hate to put more fuel into the fire of serpent's tiresome tirades, that is actually not the case. All the cards for one pack are printed onto a single sheet, so it makes no difference to the printer what those cards actually are. However, the 3x for identities makes everything so much simpler for FFG because they have an odd number of factions, so if they included only one copy of each identity, they would end up with either one or two empty slots for some of their 60 card packs. Having 3 of each keeps it simple and fair, everyone gets their 20 new cards at 3 copies each.

 

I'm tired of this constant ad hom abuse. [Edited for expletives]

 

 

 

You call my sarcasm "seen far too often" on these forums, yet when someone posts an idea that doesn't coincide with your views exactly, you lash out with obscenities. His "ad hom" is felt by everybody else in the community, after your "Distribution" thread showed how utterly ignorant you are the mindset that is FFG's unofficial business motto. 

But I digress. However, I dare you Serpent to go to FFG'S worlds next year and look at the top 4 decklists. Want to wager on how many of those are going to be dependent on using cards that are 1x and 2x in the core ste, even if they 'Fell for FFG's evil scheme: making money" and bought 3 core sets? 1, maybe. That means that there's a 75% chance that the amount of core sets that you buy is not related to how well you do in the biggest competition in the world. 

Making money is done by them in a lot of ways, and if printing 3x of cards that are only needed 1x is easier for them then why not take the extra cards and make an origami bird or something? I for one with they included double sided identities in the core set, because I shuffle mine into may deck so much. 3x gives me the ability to do such a thing and give the identities to a friend not well-financed enough to keep up-to-date. Let me be the only one here that likes the 3x identities, and give FFG'S some praise for that idea. (even if it wasn't about that in the first place :/ )

Game, set, and match serpent. QED.

 

In other words, the Jinteki identity is defiantly going to be my style of play. I love having a war of attrition and making the runner feel like he always needs to do more.



#19 DOAisBetter

DOAisBetter

    Member

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

signoftheserpent said:

Hdnggrnchrg said:

 

signoftheserpent said:

 

This is from the January pack, yes?

Why do Jinteki get no love?

 

 

Not sure if trolling or just dim-witted…

 

 

 

I get that Android NR is seen as a more cerebral cardgame, that's why I picked it up.

But it's not an excuse to be rude.

The attitude on this forum, far too often, is utterly uncalled for.

 

I mostly lurk on these forums and not to be mean but the majority of rude posts I see seem to come from you. Idk if I am just taking it it the wrong way it just seems as if most of your posts are meant to troll. Like I said might just be me.

 

Anyway to be on topic I love the new Jinteki cards, I do feel like they fit better with the original I'd while the new I'd can make for some cool new deck ideas.



#20 Keggy

Keggy

    Member

  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

Toqtamish said:

 [angry angry angry] go post somewhere else more appropriate like BGG.

This is getting out of hand.  Sending him to BGG?  That's just mean.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS