TEW/Gathering Storm/game session length

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gmanjkd

gmanjkd

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

Hello, i have read somewhere that the gathering storm was about 10 session in length, i think with TEW weighing in at 30, however my groups game sessions run about 5 hours in length.  When I consider the pase that we have been going this leads me to believe that TGS will last 4 maybe 5 sessions tops, with a resulting 4-5xp.  Not a big deal but with a longer campaign like TEW that intends for the PC's to be upwards of rank 3/4 by the end this may create a problem for my players without just handing them extra free xp.  

1)       Does anyone know what the intended game session length for WFRP 3rd is?   This would greatly help my planning ahead and present a much improved contextual feel for how much prep work I need to do for each session etc.  

2)       Has anyone began running TEW to get a feel for how long the campaing actually is?    Ive looked it over several times and don't feel that it would last 30 game session.

Thanks All,  Happy holidays

Gary

#2 MaSc

MaSc

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

If you are handing out 4-5 experience points per session an The Gathering Storm lasts a minimum of 5 sessions your characters will have reached 20-25 experience. So they will have achieved character rank 3 and rank 3 in their most important skills. The Enemy Within can be played really straightforward or as a kind of sandbox with different adventures like Crimson Rain from Omens of War integrated. I will surely limit my amount of experience points to 2 per session, with sessions lasting 3 hours. I expect my PCs to have reached epic Rank 4 for the showdown of the third adventure in The Enemy Within.

#3 BTJ

BTJ

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

I think he meant TGS would end with the characters having 4-5 XP in total, not that they would have gained 4-5XP per session. Most sessions seem to last around three hours, so if you're worried about XP gain, just grant two XP a session, not one. Seems simple enough.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS