Rules differences between desk and digital game

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

Here are rules differences in Talisman Prologue I notice.
Add yours. Tell your opinion. And please correct me if it is not a difference and desk variant should be played this way too.

In Prologue:

1. You can pick up Objects and Followers when you evade Enemy on the very same space. In desk variant you must kill the Enemy first!

2. You can open Portal of Power or attack Sentinel even if you have Poltergeist. In desk variant you must roll to do that. You can't go 1 space to the Middle or Inner region without actually rolling it.

3. You encounter spaces in the Inner Region even if you go back.

4. If you encounter Hag, your Followers are not discarded. They are ditched on your space.

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

5. If you have Guide, you don't have to roll a die in Chasm. But your Followers do. Do they have to roll in a desk game too?

#3 Cruan

Cruan

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

Rimmer said:

Add yours. Tell your opinion. And please correct me if it is not a difference and desk variant should be played this way too.

In Prologue:

1. You can pick up Objects and Followers when you evade Enemy on the very same space. In desk variant you must kill the Enemy first!

2. You can open Portal of Power or attack Sentinel even if you have Poltergeist. In desk variant you must roll to do that. You can't go 1 space to the Middle or Inner region without actually rolling it.

4. If you encounter Hag, your Followers are not discarded. They are ditched on your space.

1. thats the same in both of them, you have to evade or defeat the enemy to be able to pick up objects, the reason why u cant pick them up when youre defeated, is because your turn immediately ends

2. again, its the same, you dont have to roll, if youre on the sentinel or portal of power space, you can move through them even with the poltergeist

3. i havent tried that in the digital game yet, if its true, then its probably a bug, you dont encounter the spaces on your way back, it wouldnt make sense

4. i dont quite remember the exact text on the hag card, but yeah, in the game you only ditch them, really cant say if you have to discard them or ditch them in the desk game

5. the guide is bugged, its been already stated

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

Thank you very much for clarifiation, Cruan.

#5 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Rimmer said:

In Prologue:

1. It's correct. In the board game Enemies must be killed or evaded to encounter cards with Encounter Number 4,5,6 (this includes picking up Objects and Followers). It would be interesting to check if the videogame respects the fact that the Minstrel not attacking Dragons and Animals is not evading them, so he would encounter no other cards.

2) Rules say that you can cross between Regions if your die roll is sufficient to bring you at the other side. It doesn't imply that you have to roll a die. With the Poltergeist, you can move from the Sentinel or Portal of Power Spaces and cross to the next space in Middle/Inner Region.

3) If you decide to "turn back" you ignore the instructions on spaces. Well, in a single-player game perhaps this wouldn't mean anything, so they decided to force you to face the Inner Region spaces also on the way back to Plain of Peril.

4) In the board version, you must discard Followers when you encounter the Hag.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS