Solo Gameplay

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

I read a thread somewhere that was posted while the game was in development that said it may have a solo mode. Is this ever going to happen?

Thanks!

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

hendersondayton said:

I read a thread somewhere that was posted while the game was in development that said it may have a solo mode. Is this ever going to happen?

Thanks!

No as that was the old cooperative version of the game that was to be released in 2011 but was then scrapped to make the current version of the game instead.

#3 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

Toqtamish said:

hendersondayton said:

Thanks!

No as that was the old cooperative version of the game that was to be released in 2011 but was then scrapped to make the current version of the game instead.

And I'm still disappointed by it. They had it at the printers and everything. I really wanted to get this game, but can't justify collecting ANOTHER 2 Player Star Wars card game that will just collect dust because no one else is interested.

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

herozeromes said:

Toqtamish said:

hendersondayton said:

Thanks!

And I'm still disappointed by it. They had it at the printers and everything. I really wanted to get this game, but can't justify collecting ANOTHER 2 Player Star Wars card game that will just collect dust because no one else is interested.

On the flipside I never would have bought the cooperative game. LotR game collects dust on my shelf and will never see play again.

#5 Daedalus

Daedalus

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Toqtamish said:

herozeromes said:

Toqtamish said:

hendersondayton said:

Thanks!

On the flipside I never would have bought the cooperative game. LotR game collects dust on my shelf and will never see play again.

Same here.  I wanted to love LotR.  I bought 2 copies of the core set and several of the expansions, but it just felt stale to me.  I had the same problem with playing the solo mode of Thunderstone and the new Marvel: Legendary.  In the end, I've only really enjoyed competitive deckbuilding games, and LotR has been stuffed away in my closet indefinitely.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS