Defense Protocol question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cwethan

Cwethan

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Hi, I was recently boardwiped by Defense Protocol, and I figured I'd see if anyone had seen any reason why it can't be used more than once per turn. 

Relevant Rules Text:  "Reaction: After your draw phase begins, reduce your reserve value by 1 (until the end of the phase) to deal 1 damage to a target unit."

Thanks!

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

I can't think of a reason it couldn't be used multiple times, but I don't think you could reduce your reserve below 0.

#3 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

PG 25: A card's reaction effect may only be resolved once per triggering condition.

So unless you can figure out how to make your draw phase happen again in the same turn…

Welcome to the FFG Star Wars RPG Index 

#4 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Aahzmandius_Karrde said:

PG 25: A card's reaction effect may only be resolved once per triggering condition.

So unless you can figure out how to make your draw phase happen again in the same turn…

Good catch, I missed that. Makes sense.

#5 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

It's still deadly powerful, the ability to damage anything you like, on each of your turns, so long as you are willing to limit your reserve. I very much like the Imperial Navy's subtheme of turning the dark side player's hand itself into a currency of sorts. It really does a good job of capturing what it feels like to wield the near-endless military resources of the Empire.

#6 Cwethan

Cwethan

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Thanks Aahzmandius, good catch! I was sure there must be something, lol.

#7 starhawk77

starhawk77

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

If you manage to draw two Defense Protocols, you can trigger both of them individually at the start of your draw phase. If you can start the game with both in play, it can be very hard for the LS to establish any sort of foothold. Probably my least favorite objective to play against.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS