• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chlemtil

Chlemtil

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

Just want to check on how this works… Could I:

Use Red 2 in an engagement to deal it's 2 damage to an enemy unit. Then, if in that same engagement an objective is destroyed, I use red 2 again to damage either the same or different unit?

Use red 2 in an engagement. That engagement ends WITHOUT destroying an objective. During a second engagement an objective IS destroyed. Use Red 3 in a third engagement.

I am pretty sure those both work, but I just wanted to check. Also, I know that the second scenario is pretty unlikely… i am really just checking to make sure I understand the rules.

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

Chlemtil said:

Just want to check on how this works… Could I:

Use Red 2 in an engagement to deal it's 2 damage to an enemy unit. Then, if in that same engagement an objective is destroyed, I use red 2 again to damage either the same or different unit?

Use red 2 in an engagement. That engagement ends WITHOUT destroying an objective. During a second engagement an objective IS destroyed. Use Red 3 in a third engagement.

I am pretty sure those both work, but I just wanted to check. Also, I know that the second scenario is pretty unlikely… i am really just checking to make sure I understand the rules.

It will be helpful to post relevant card text, especially for now while everyone is still learning the cards.  In this case, Red Two reads: "Reaction: After an objective is destroyed, remove 1 focus token from this unit."

It looks to me like your interpretation is correct.  In the first scenario, Red Two's reaction would happen after the objective was destroyed, and if it left Red Two with zero focus tokens, it would then need to strike again before the engagement could end.

#3 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

I would note that in the edge case of the objective being destroyed due to the unnopposed bonus the strike phase is already over and Red Two would come out of the engagement without a focus token.

Welcome to the FFG Star Wars RPG Index 

#4 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

"Good shot, Red Two!" - Wedge Antilles

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS