ok.. im gona open a can of minoks…

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt. G

Sgt. G

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

Saw someone on another forume that built a TIE bomber.. it is amazing.

So i started wondering what stats a bomber would have.

was thinking.

pilot     / veriable

manuv/ 2   ( could still keep up with TIEs and do pin point bombing and not as combersome as a Y )

struc /  4    ( was built heavyer then advanced TIEs )

sheild/  0

skills/  focus, eveade, tartget lock

and i would think 3 to 4 missles

I was trying to think of a way to make the missles 'without end' but i think thats just over board. so just giving it the ablity to buy more then 2 would answer that. and keep it priceable.

also i would keep all the firing arcs forward.. i would also use that to keep the price down-ish.

so as stated.. what do yall think?

#2 The R5Don4 Star II

The R5Don4 Star II

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Looking at Slave I's bombing/mining capabilities gives you a pretty good indication of what the TIE Bomber will be able to do.

I think it will have multiple Missile, Proton Torpedo and Bomb Slots and have a dial very similar to the Y-Wing.

The B-Wing I think won't have as the mining/bomb capability, that will remain an Empire thing.  The B-Wing I would be surprised if it didn't include an Ion Cannon upgrade.

#3 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

I'd say speculation on the TIE/sa is difficult, as they'll likely introduce a new mechanic.  Perhaps something similar to, but a variation upon, the Bombs currently listed.  The basic stats will probably be very minimal, with 1 Attack, 1/2 Agility, 4 Hull and perhaps an option for a new shield upgrade(As they are noted to be optional)  It's upgrade options, not it's basic stats, is where ships like the TIE/sa and B-Wing will find their strengths, and it is simply far too difficult to determine what the designers will find to make that useful.

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#4 godofcheese

godofcheese

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

My thoughts

TIE Bomber:

2 / 1 / 5 / 0 -> 2x Torepedo slots, 1x Missile Slot, 1x Bomb Slot

Move dial the same as the Y-Wing; Target Lock, Focus, Barrel Roll

No Pilot will have access to elite pilot cards.

B-Wing

3 / 1 / 6 / 4 -> 2x Torpedo slots, 1x Bomb Slot, 1x Ion Cannon Slot

Move dial slightly better then the Y-Wing; Target Lock, Focus

1 named pilot will have elite pilot talents

I would also like to see an Assault Gunboat

3 / 2 / 4 / 2 -> 1x torpedo slot, 1x Ion Cannon slot

Move dial comparable to the X-Wing; Target Lock, Focus

#5 Sgt. G

Sgt. G

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

still not sure if i would give it acess to barrel roll.. but thats me.

im thinking of building one..

might wait till tuesday and see if i get any advanced TIEs in my stocking

#6 godofcheese

godofcheese

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Sgt. G said:

still not sure if i would give it acess to barrel roll.. but thats me.

im thinking of building one..

might wait till tuesday and see if i get any advanced TIEs in my stocking

I was in the same boat, tossing up whether they should have it or not. I decided to give it to them, as a way of keeping something consistant across all TIE models.

#7 Sgt. G

Sgt. G

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

in case anyone was wondering.. here is the thread i am following to build it..

http://afewmaneuvers....php?f=22&t=506

#8 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

I think the Bomber's upgrade bar is going to look like two torpedoes and a bomb slot. Maybe an upgrade that lets a ship change any torpedoes to missiles, or vice versa. By default the Bomber was a heavy ordinance dropper, concussion missiles (as in, anti-fighter missiles) were something of an exception. At least if TIE Fighter is any indication. Attack will probably be 2… not even the Y-Wing had an attack of 1. Attack 1 I imagine is the missile boat with it's one laser cannon.

Also, the B-Wing and TIE Bomber will probably give us more torpedo options. What they look like might depend on how well the Falcon and Slave I perform when released… just as the Assault missile was a response to TIE Fighter swarms, Heavy Rockets and Mag-Pulse weapons might be pubslihed to make quicker work of the slower-moving heavier ships or their weapons.

With the fixed cannon upgrade now a fact I see the B-Wing having this slot as a counterpart to the TIE Bomber mine. So now the B-Wing can mount the same Ion cannons and heavy blasters that the Slave I can, but on a cheaper platform. The autoblaster might be a new weapons card in this category as well, perhaps something that allows a second shot if the first one misses? Or a double-attack?

#9 Poe

Poe

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

Norsehound said:

With the fixed cannon upgrade now a fact I see the B-Wing having this slot as a counterpart to the TIE Bomber mine. So now the B-Wing can mount the same Ion cannons and heavy blasters that the Slave I can, but on a cheaper platform. The autoblaster might be a new weapons card in this category as well, perhaps something that allows a second shot if the first one misses? Or a double-attack?

I had the same idea. Seeing as the B-wing is known for being this heavy weapons platform in the setting, giving it a cannon slot would fit very well. Then you could chose if you wanted simply heavier armaments or an ion cannon. As for autoblaster… it seems to me the heavy laser cannon is supposed to be the one used by Jango in episode II, and it fired pretty darn fast. :)

#10 The R5Don4 Star II

The R5Don4 Star II

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

godofcheese said:

My thoughts

B-Wing

3 / 1 / 6 / 4 -> 2x Torpedo slots, 1x Bomb Slot, 1x Ion Cannon Slot

Move dial slightly better then the Y-Wing; Target Lock, Focus

1 named pilot will have elite pilot talents

I would be really surprised if it had the same Hull/Shields as the Basic YT or the Firespray.  Probably will be no beefier than the Y-Wing at the most.

#11 Sgt. G

Sgt. G

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

ok.. here again..

heres what i am looking at..

pilot  2

atack 2

defence 2

hull 5

shield 0

focus, target lock, evade

missle x2, torpedo x1

now here is the real kicker..how many points? i was thinking as much as a Ywing.. but i think the Y still has more stuff then the bomber..with its turret and such. So maybe 15 or 16 points?

thoughts?

#12 The R5Don4 Star II

The R5Don4 Star II

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

16 and I'd add a bomb slot or two

http://www.fantasyfl...=734236&efpag=0

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS