Jump to content



Photo

Error on the character sheets??


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 aljovin

aljovin

    Member

  • Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

We're now finished the first adventure, and we've noticed  that there is an error on the last pages of the Pash and Lowhhrick, the characteristics have changed on the last page, actually reduced!

I assume it's an error and they should be the same.


  • cubivore424 likes this

#2 Valniria

Valniria

    Member

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

I noticed the same mistakes.

On the first two character sheets Lowhhrick has those characteristics :

Brawn : 4, Agility : 3, Intellect : 2, Cunning : 2, Willpower : 2, Presence : 2

On the last character sheet , characteristics become :

Brawn : 4, Agility : 3, Intellect : 2, Cunning : 2, Willpower : 2, Presence : 0

 

Pash's first two character sheets show :

 

Brawn : 3, Agility : 3, Intellect : 2, Cunning : 3, Willpower : 2, Presence : 3

On the last character sheet , characteristics become :

Brawn : 2, Agility : 4, Intellect : 2, Cunning : 2, Willpower : 2, Presence : 2
 
I assumed that the characteristics on the first two pages were the right ones.


#3 Tassedar

Tassedar

    Member

  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

Well someone lost a job today 1 day before Christmas you monsters. Why did you notice.

#4 copperbell

copperbell

    Member

  • Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

Is there a section regarding the downloadable character sheets?

Its just that the Sasha character seems to be short of one career skill by my count and I was wondering if I was missing something?

Mathus needs a specific knowledge speciality but thats of no problem with the beginner box set mind you!



#5 daddystabz

daddystabz

    Member

  • Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

Is this indeed correct? Are these additional mistakes?

 

copperbell said:

Is there a section regarding the downloadable character sheets?

Its just that the Sasha character seems to be short of one career skill by my count and I was wondering if I was missing something?

Mathus needs a specific knowledge speciality but thats of no problem with the beginner box set mind you!



#6 Valniria

Valniria

    Member

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Sorry but I think I have founded additionnals mistakes on the characters folio.

The paragraph about skill training (page 7 f each booklet), says : "training a career skill costs 5 times the value of the next highest rank".

So raising a career skill from rank 1 to rank 2 cost 10 points, as it is written at the end of the paragraph "… then 10 more for raising it from Rank 1 to Rank 2).

If you look at the 4th page of VEX's folio, the upgrade menu allows to purchase the the 2nd rank of the Negociating skill (career skill) for only 5 points.

It should be 10 points, no ?

Lowhhrick, page 4. The coerce skill which is listed as a non career skill page 6, cost 5 points to be raised from rank 0 to rank 1.

It should be 10 xp as explained page 7 (Skill training - Non career skills).

 



#7 daddystabz

daddystabz

    Member

  • Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

Can anyone please verify if these are indeed mistakes? If so, it is a shame this product is shot full of careless mistakes.

 

Valniria said:

Sorry but I think I have founded additionnals mistakes on the characters folio.

The paragraph about skill training (page 7 f each booklet), says : "training a career skill costs 5 times the value of the next highest rank".

So raising a career skill from rank 1 to rank 2 cost 10 points, as it is written at the end of the paragraph "… then 10 more for raising it from Rank 1 to Rank 2).

If you look at the 4th page of VEX's folio, the upgrade menu allows to purchase the the 2nd rank of the Negociating skill (career skill) for only 5 points.

It should be 10 points, no ?

Lowhhrick, page 4. The coerce skill which is listed as a non career skill page 6, cost 5 points to be raised from rank 0 to rank 1.

It should be 10 xp as explained page 7 (Skill training - Non career skills).

 



#8 MagusRogue

MagusRogue

    Member

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'm just going off the previews, and this might have been changed before the launch, but Lowhricks Vibro-Axe has a Crit of 3, but latest Beta has all vibro weapons at 2. Was this chanced with the release? Or did they go back to giving all vibro weapons Crit 3 again?



#9 aramis

aramis

    Member

  • Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

MagusRogue said:

I'm just going off the previews, and this might have been changed before the launch, but Lowhricks Vibro-Axe has a Crit of 3, but latest Beta has all vibro weapons at 2. Was this chanced with the release? Or did they go back to giving all vibro weapons Crit 3 again?

Keep in mind the (typically) 4-8 week lead time for print jobs, and then 2-4 weeks for shipping. It was probably sent to the printers in late October or early November. Even short run quick jobs tend to run 1-2 weeks of printing time.

 



#10 aljovin

aljovin

    Member

  • Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Agreed, I would expect that the beginner's book was probably finalized only in the BETA's 3rd week at most. More over, the basic rules haven't changed much from what I see in the updates, mostly specific issues, clarrifications and light adjustments.

I think that part of this run was to allow people to wait for the real thing in a couple of months. I know for myself, that I can't wait, I'm really anxious to get my hands on this edition. I don't remember being so anxious to get a RPG since, well, AD&D 2nd Edition….

I really hope that the game sells well, there is such a potential for adventures, and ressources… I have a lot of d6 SW, d20 SW, but only played once the Invasion of Theed game, not more. But THIS version (Beginner), we've played 3 times, and have another game planned for tomorrow!



#11 IG-58

IG-58

    Member

  • Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Okay, this is all well and good; I wondered myself about the release of the Beginners' Set while the core rules were still being beta-tested. Tweaks were bound to come.

All is forgiven.

Well, at least it WILL be if FFG steps up with errata. GREAT job with the (huge) free adventure, and the two additional character folios! But if the base rules are broke, please fix 'em. Thenkew.



#12 NathanPButler

NathanPButler

    Member

  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Doesn't Pash end up with an extra skill listed (Survaillance) on the second sheet, but not on the first or third?



#13 aramis

aramis

    Member

  • Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

NathanPButler said:

 

Doesn't Pash end up with an extra skill listed (Survaillance) on the second sheet, but not on the first or third?

 

A skill which no longer exists. Went away in a later revision of the beta. Some point prior to Week 8. (which is when I joined into the Beta.)

Oh, and I only compared sheets 1 and 3… I didn't see 2 as relevant…  (arrgghh!!!)



#14 BroodyGambit

BroodyGambit

    Member

  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

I had noticed this also. We just assumed that for the initial encounters in the expansion they beefed up the premade characters so after that adventure was over they were put more on equal skill with the others. I may be completely wrong, but that was our idea. I did notice on my Lowhhrick character that his field commander talent would be useless because since he has no presence, he rolls no dice for a leadership check. Also on the game page where they are doing walkthroughs with lowhhrick, the display page they have listed has his presence as 2 like on the previous page.



#15 Fuller

Fuller

    Member

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

So is it an error?  Our group noticed this too.  We're assuming it's an error but some of my players are disappointed at it.



#16 Ogrepuppy

Ogrepuppy

    Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Mathus, page 8, third paragraph, 5th sentence:  "develope".

 

Yeech, that's a bad editing gaffe.



#17 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

    Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

  • Members
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

It looks like there's quite a few goofs on the character sheets, at least in comparison to the EotE Beta character creation rules (which per the EotE preview articles looks to be the same system the final product will use).

From my blog:

"For Lowhhrick, he came out to being about 300 credits underbudget, assuming he took a +5 Obligation for some extra starting cash.

Oskara was either 450 credits overbudget if she only took a +5 Obligation, or a 1000 credits underbudget if she took the full +10 Obligation.

Mathus was only 25 credits short, again with a +5 Obligation, and was the only one of the Humans to be a perfectly legal starting character for the most part.

Sasha and Pash were each missing a  skill rank, assuming they got the two bonus non-career skill ranks that Humans get in the EotE beta.  But near as I can figure, they took a +10 Obligation for 10 XP to cover the costs of raising 4 of their Characteristics to a 3, and then went seriously overbudget on their gear and starting credits, as Pash is 425 credits overbudget while Sasha is only 350 credits over the default budget of 500 credits."


Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"





© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS