Imperial 4 ship fleet.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 deviant-dj

deviant-dj

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

My first local kessel run event is in january. They have decided to keep it fair  and ban wave 2 stuff.

this i the fleet im thinking of running, its a little ship light for an imperial fleet but so far im 10-1 with it!

Total Squad Points: 96

Pilot: "Backstabber"
Tie Fighter (16)
Upgrades:
No Upgrades Selected

Pilot: "Howlrunner"
Tie Fighter (18)
Upgrades:
Swarm Tactics (2)

Pilot: Darth Vader
Tie Advanced x1 (29)
Upgrades:
Swarm Tactics (2)Concussion Missiles (4)

Pilot: Tempest Squadron Pilot 1
Tie Advanced (21)
Upgrades:
Cluster Missiles (4)

The plan is the advances and ties pair off and go ship hunting. I use te missiles to nail any threats as soon as they're in range. 
So anythin you vuys would o differently? Or anything glaring im missing?

#2 TacticalBastrd

TacticalBastrd

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

This looks good to me. I was thinking somthing very similar for my IMP Squad.

"The probability of a successful dice roll is inversely proportional to the relative amount of negative impact its failure will have on your character."  -Murphy's RPG Corollary-

Co-Host of The Sabacc Table Podcast

#3 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

Where are you from, deviant DJ? I am also hoping to go to one or two events in January in Houston.

I'm excited that they got delayed, since I have zero free weekends in December to do something like this.

Be seeing you.

#4 deviant-dj

deviant-dj

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

Im in sunny sunny glasgow scotland. Im trying something different because it seems that im one of 3 imperial plays in a so far 16 man tourny

#5 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

looks good for wave 1, though it pains me to see 4 unused points, especially in Imperial… 'Stabber could be upgraded to Mithel, which gives you another EPT to use, could get another swarm tactics to allow everyone to go at skill 9 if positioned right… but then you lose an attack die when outside the arc at range 2 and 3… I like this build a lot, and will probably do something like it (maybe dropping the tempest for an interceptor) when wave 2 comes out and I can stealth one of them to eat some points

#6 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

id throw marksmanship on Backstabber. its an underrated upgrade on tie fighters. the guy that won my local kessel run event went 3-0 with two very one sided wins (boith against imperial opponnets i think) with marksmanship on 4 of his tie 6 tie fighters. its pretty unexpected. sure u have to burn an action to activate it but watch them enemy ships crumble in round one.

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#7 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

id throw marksmanship on Backstabber. its an underrated upgrade on tie fighters. the guy that won my local kessel run event went 3-0 with two very one sided wins (boith against imperial opponnets i think) with marksmanship on 4 of his tie 6 tie fighters. its pretty unexpected. sure u have to burn an action to activate it but watch them enemy ships crumble in round one.

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#8 deviant-dj

deviant-dj

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

Back stabber cant take pilot upgrades as far as i know!  Once wave 2 can be used over he im gonna go for the tie interceptor list i put up earlier in the week.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS