Repeated Aptitudes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 qcipher

qcipher

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

In the rules it says under Regiment Creation that if the Homeworld offers an Aptitude and that Aptitude is also offered for the role the PC has, you get to choose a different Aptitude.  I don't have the book with me, but I recall that the wording of how you choose the alternate was strange.  How do you choose the alternate Aptitude?

#2 Musclewizard

Musclewizard

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

I can't recall the exact wording but it goes something like this.

Every characteristic is assigned two apptitudes. For example the Fellowship characteristic is linked to the fellowship apptitude and the social apptitude.

If you get the fellow ship apptitude a second time you instead get the social apptitude. (Not sure what happens if you have the social and fellowship apptitudes and get one of them a second time).

#3 rafaelmb

rafaelmb

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

Wrong, especially because if one gets Fellowship twice, he could aso get Social at the same time (i.e.: Ratling).

Wording was: "… instead choose an Aptitude he does not already have and that shares a name with a Characteristic…"

If we take the Ratling from my previous example, he could replace one Fellowship for Aptitude in Strength or Toughness (these two I don´t have to check to know a Ratling does not have) or any of the nine stats.

#4 Musclewizard

Musclewizard

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

rafaelmb said:

Wrong, especially because if one gets Fellowship twice, he could aso get Social at the same time (i.e.: Ratling).

Wording was: "… instead choose an Aptitude he does not already have and that shares a name with a Characteristic…"

If we take the Ratling from my previous example, he could replace one Fellowship for Aptitude in Strength or Toughness (these two I don´t have to check to know a Ratling does not have) or any of the nine stats.

Right, thanks for clearing that up.

#5 qcipher

qcipher

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

That does clear it up some, thanks.  So, if you have a repeater, you can then take any other Aptitude for a Characteristic that you don't already have?

#6 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

qcipher said:

That does clear it up some, thanks.  So, if you have a repeater, you can then take any other Aptitude for a Characteristic that you don't already have?

Yep, basically. If you already had the Agility aptitude, and got it again from the "Survivalists" training, you could then pick Ballistic Skill, or Weapon Skill, or what-have-you.

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#7 WittyDroog

WittyDroog

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

So just for clarification's sake, that means you COULD NOT select something like Social or the like, right?

#8 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

WittyDroog said:

So just for clarification's sake, that means you COULD NOT select something like Social or the like, right?

No, you couldn't - you can only chose another aptitude that has the same name as a Characteristic.

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#9 WittyDroog

WittyDroog

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Just wanted to double check.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS