The Red Pilgrim

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Drop Bear 2.0

Drop Bear 2.0

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

Ok our regularly secluded pick-up games (it's the Holiday Off Season for my gaming circle, so DH is being played wile our regular games are on brake) have bean thrown out of wack, so I got to start a new temp character, the GM has gone with the totally random character generation option.

I ended up with a Mind Cleansed Psyker, I picked "Guiding light of the God Emperor" & "Pilgrim" backgrounds  to make this guy extra interesting (as if being as mad as a cut snake wasn't enough). apart from his ratty red robe. Pilgrim Staff, Scoriada and a Sword with flame pattern and mono edged chainsaw teeth cut in to it all he has is the items he must have as a Psyker and an old Ammo box with Ecclesirchy symbols stenciled on to it (it contains devotional items).

The poor guy spends his nights mumbling protection charms, gibbering scripture and screaming his lungs out in his sleep, he spends his days Fasting, Flagellating, reciting scripture (mostly Redeptionist) and denouncing almost every one he lays eyes on as sinners and heretics.

He makes people shear the pain their sins cause the Emperor (uses "Inflict Pain" on them) if any one confrontats him, disrespects the Imperial Cult or doesn't stop to listen for long enough. I'm saving for a copy of the "Latines of Faith" do he can get in to some real Bible Bashing.

Now I know the Red Redemption doesn't take Psykers so listen to his story, the man today known as "The Red Pilgrim" was once a Priest of the Red Redemption, but one day after serving the Creed faithfully for many decades he awoke as a Psyker, he was immediately scooped up and put on a Black Ship bound for Terra, but after one to many attempts at suicide and killing rampages he was stuck in a Stasis Box for the rest of the trip, time in a Stasis Box isn't kind even to the prepared mind so he came out even more wrong, once on earth the Sanctioning proved difficult to his strong and now further twisted mind so they mind cleansed him down to something on par with a vegetative infant and rejuvenated him then tried to re-build from there. but you know the old saying "You can't keep  Militant Fundamentalist Rilogious Psychotic Pryomainiac down!" the old Firebrand is making a comeback, now in a Younger Psyker gifted body and he has a new understanding about himself and his place in the universe.

Can you say Red Redemption for Psykers? all though he dosn't like the title you could say he is the Profit of the Red Pilgrimage.

#2 Louisp

Louisp

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Unfortunately you can only mono Primative weapons, not chain it's in the errata. Secondly in stasis all time stops, your mind wouldn't still be active it's literally frozen in time but that's neither here nor there. Otherwise reasonably nice fluff.

#3 Drop Bear 2.0

Drop Bear 2.0

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

couldn't afford a Chain Sword, so when he had his normal sword Mono'ed he had the guy cut Chainsaw like teath along the edege, if he could have afforded it he would have had a little Vox installed that made the chainsword sound when he pulled a trigger. the Flame pattern he had schrimsawed on the side is truely 2nd rate as well and the Alloy inlay dosent lumaness like it's ment to and is starting to carode and fall out, honstaly it would be sad if this guy wasn't sutch a dangrous nutter.

#4 Boss Gitsmasha

Boss Gitsmasha

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

So let me get this straight.

1. He's a former member of the Red Redemption.
  2. The Red Redemption hate psykers and believe they should all be killed.
  3.  He has just discovered that he's a psyker.

Why hasn't he killed himself painfully out of penance? His very existence is an affront to his own beliefs. Is he trying to atone for the sin of psykerhood or what? Not to mention I don't think anyone else would appreciate being preached at by a filthy witch.

• Green Knight likes this

"Oomans are pink an' soft, not tough an' green like da Boyz. Dey'z all da same size too, so dey'z always arguin' about who's in charge, 'cos dere's no way o' tellin' c'ept fer badges an' ooniforms an' fings. When one o' dem wants ta lord it over da uvvers, 'e says 'I'm very speshul so'z you gotta worship me', or 'I know summink wot you lot don't know, so yer better lissen good'. Da funny fing is, 'arf of 'em believe it an' da uvver 'arf don't, so 'e has ta hit 'em all anyway or run fer it. Wot a lot o' mukkin' about if yer asks me. An' while dey'z all arguin' wiv each uvver over who's da boss, da Orks can clobber da lot."

#5 Drop Bear 2.0

Drop Bear 2.0

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

Well he tried to kill himself along with all the filifty Psykers they locked him up with on the Black Ship (He was more adept at killing other Psykers than finding time to get around to himself), that just got him Mind Clensed back to little more than nothing and rebuilt mentaly along the "Guiding Light of the God-Emperor" lines, but the old Redemptionist is making a comback, his new ideology is basicaly Redemptionist but with a defenition betwean Witches & Psykers.

Burn Witches on the spot, force Psykers in to Sanctioning, If they refuse Sactioning they must be Heretics & Witches so Burn them.

Don't Trust Psykers, though their powers are natral (in very broard defnisions of natral) they atract the notice of the un-natral and you must stand redy to Purge them at a moments notice.

He hasn't had it occour to him yet, but the Red Piligrmage is somthing according to his evolving logic all Psykers should be doing, just like he used to beleive every one should be Redemptionist. So now Psykers should go on the "Red Pilgramage" and non-Psykers should be part of the Red Redemption, everyone else who dosent is a Heretic and likily a Witch as well (and you know what you do with Witches & Heritics).

#6 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

I think the character concept looks pretty cool, and I remember playing a similar character some time back. I'd happily accept that he tries to find some use and value in his life as a psyker as opposed to just kill himself outright. After all most people are not really to keen on suicide.

#7 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

Boss Gitsmasha said:

So let me get this straight.

1. He's a former member of the Red Redemption.
  2. The Red Redemption hate psykers and believe they should all be killed.
  3.  He has just discovered that he's a psyker.

Why hasn't he killed himself painfully out of penance? His very existence is an affront to his own beliefs. Is he trying to atone for the sin of psykerhood or what? Not to mention I don't think anyone else would appreciate being preached at by a filthy witch.

A religious fanatic who is a massive hypocrit? That never happens! reir

• Green Knight likes this

#8 Drop Bear

Drop Bear

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

After having his Brain Dry Cleend and Pressed that much even if he dose rember who he was is he realy still that person? or just someone living in his old body with some of his old menories.

#9 Drop Bear 2.0

Drop Bear 2.0

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hell he dosen't have a name any more, he just calls him self "The Pilgrim" so he's got somthing to refer to him self as. Everyone else calls him "The Red Pilgrim" or "That Crazy <Censored> who set my friends on fire and I was next, except I legged it when he was trying to get the lid off that second cantor of Flamer Flue"

He sais he has the God-Emperor's Love to keep him warm at night, but in truth that's just his Raging Insanaty.

an other character is a tripple strength Redemptionist, the players say the two of them should find a room and make Psycotic Pryomainc babies together, but The Red Pilgrim has this thing against Fun, and Sistor Gabriel has this thing against Wytches (Sancioned Psykers are a little too close for her liking) and on top of that she isn't exactaly "For Fun" herself, unless it means taking a Chainsword and Flamer to Heritics, Mutants & Witches.

#10 Drop Bear 2.0

Drop Bear 2.0

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

Well of late the Red Pilgrim has bean getting some game time up, instead of one or two sessions every couple of months I've had three in the past fortnight, he's got enough XP to now be in to 4th rank, but hasn't spent it on any 3rd rank advances, in fact he's got a bit over 1000xp unspent (long brakes between sessions and a focus on Role Play over power building will do that to you). Over quite a few game months or even longer his kit has changed a touch, he still has his beat up old ammo box that he drags around to serve as a combination Shrine, Pulpit and Reliquary, his original Mono Sword  ended up "Sanctified", but it broke (though he's kept the bits as yet an other charm, it's ended up in the box), he's got a new one now and it's "Best" quality, he had a nice set of Shield Robes, he's still got them but their not so nice anymore (all burnt, battle scared and turning ratty), he hasn't got much in the way of useful items (an Autoquill, Data Slate and a fist full of religious texts on chip).

when he hasn't bean Street Preaching (you wouldn't beleive how much the local authorities will donate to the Red Pilgrimage so you can spreed the word in the next community over) he's bean hacking up Herricks and Witches and even a minor Demon.

#11 Drop Bear 2.0

Drop Bear 2.0

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

Who needs Psyker powers when you have a several of hundred points in Oration skills & talents and access to a receptive mob, Oho the Slaughter that He oversaw, Hundreds Dead, a Cult that had broken from the Imperial Faith wiped out, the Faithful armed  from the Apostates armory and enriched from the Heretics coffers.

He even recruited some new Weirds and emergent Psykers to the Red Pilgrimage before he convinced them to go willingly on to one of the Black Ships

#12 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:04 AM

Sounds like you've having a pretty interesting time then. Good stuff there. :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS