Unopposed and Striking

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 unhorse

unhorse

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

I just have a question that there doesn't seem to be a straight answer to in the rulebook.

If someone attacks an objective, and the defending player declares no defenders, the attacker doesn't have to strike to get the unopposed bonus right? I was just wondering as that has been the way we have been playing it. It definitely makes leaving your board vulnerable a bad thing, but it also seems pretty insane with cards like Han and any of the shielding protectors. Just wondering. 

#2 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

You can not opt to not strike during an engagement. If you aren't exhausted, you must strike.

#3 unhorse

unhorse

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

Ah cool. Thanks for that. Appreciate the help. 

#4 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

There is a very straight answer in the rule book on page 20 under Resolve Strikes: "A Player does not have the option to pass during this step. If he has at least one ready participating unit, it must focus to strike."

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#5 unhorse

unhorse

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

Yeah, I should have given in a thorough read through. Thanks for the help though. 

#6 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

unhorse said:

Yeah, I should have given in a thorough read through. Thanks for the help though. 

In your defense, these things don't always appear where you'd expect them in the rules. And in hindsight, my response came out overly harsh, especially considering I have asked my share of "obvious" questions on the LotR forum.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS