Tabletop cross rpg game

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BloodDrinkersSpaceMarine

BloodDrinkersSpaceMarine

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hey all so justvwant to get a few thoughts and ideas on the eay im about to run my deathwatch campaign my gaming group will be using a actual models for both enemies, our own characters, friendly npcs and terrain to run our games in a mix of tabletop and the rpg any good ideas that might help make this run smoothly??

#2 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

BloodDrinkersSpaceMarine said:

Hey all so justvwant to get a few thoughts and ideas on the eay im about to run my deathwatch campaign my gaming group will be using a actual models for both enemies, our own characters, friendly npcs and terrain to run our games in a mix of tabletop and the rpg any good ideas that might help make this run smoothly??

The most important thing with using minis in Deathwatch is establishing the scale. The Rulebook recommends having 1 inch = 1 meter; my experience is that that makes it too easy for combat to spill off the kitchen table… I recommend using 1/2 inch = 1 meter, or even 1 cm = 1 meter.

#3 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

Oh, and to represent Hordes on the tabletop: I didn't really care for the two suggested methods from the books (1 fig = 1 Magnitude, which is wildly impractical, or 1 fig representing an entire Horde, which has no visual 'drama'- which, let's face it, is the main reason to use minis). The compromise that I came up with is to cut out discs of cardboard (about the size of a CD) and set a number of figures on it equal to the '10s' digit of the Horde's Magnitude, taking away figs as needed as the Horde takes damage. I've found this works smoothly, giving the PCs a good idea of the size of a Horde without letting them know it's exact Magnitude, and the discs are easy to move around the board.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS