Admiral Ackbar

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Boose30

Boose30

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Action: During an engagement, play this unit from your hand as a participating unit on your side

Does this mean he comes out for free or do you still have to pay for him to come out?

#2 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

For free.  The short version is that the rules state that you deploy characters by paying resources for them in the Deployment Phase.

The rules also mention "The Golden Rule" where card effects override the rules.  So, Ackbar's card lets you play him from your hand during an Action window, so whenever the moment suits you, like after you win an Edge battle, for instance, but before your first strike.

Hope that helps and you follow the logic, as I really abbreviated it there

#3 Intentionally Anonymous

Intentionally Anonymous

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

cleardave said:

For free.  The short version is that the rules state that you deploy characters by paying resources for them in the Deployment Phase.

The rules also mention "The Golden Rule" where card effects override the rules.  So, Ackbar's card lets you play him from your hand during an Action window, so whenever the moment suits you, like after you win an Edge battle, for instance, but before your first strike.

Hope that helps and you follow the logic, as I really abbreviated it there

Incorrect.  "Play" and "put into play" are entirely different things.  With Admiral Ackbar you must play him, and when you play cards you must pay their cost.  If he said put into play then he would be free.

• Forensicus likes this

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

No he is not free. If it said put into play he would be free. Page 13. 

• Forensicus likes this

#5 Boose30

Boose30

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

yeah that was really simple actually….that makes his card even more powerful than i thought

#6 Boose30

Boose30

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

ok so i guess ill go with the majority thats saying hes not free since thats what my original thought was

#7 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

I like how they gave some of the characters quotable abilities, like "It's a trap!" and "Han shoots first."

#8 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Interesting,

Human Droid: After you win an edge battle, put this unit into play from your hand as a participating unit on your side.

Ackbar: During an engagement, play this unit from your hand as a participating unit on your side.

droid is free, ackbar is not.

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#9 brimmstorm

brimmstorm

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Magni said:

Interesting,

Human Droid: After you win an edge battle, put this unit into play from your hand as a participating unit on your side.

Ackbar: During an engagement, play this unit from your hand as a participating unit on your side.

That is correct.
  • Forensicus likes this

#10 Goldenfoon

Goldenfoon

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

brimmstorm said:

Magni said:

Interesting,

That is correct.

Awesome found two answers to two of my questions in one post, thanks!

#11 trunkmonkee1971

trunkmonkee1971

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

That cost of '3' is easily handled by 'Fleet Command Center' which is part of the Objective Set our freindly Admiral is part of. Hopefully you will have it in play when you need it most :). I really like the whold idea of themed objective sets.

Ronald

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS