Photo

Assault unit disembarking - can they do a March Move?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 josolomo

josolomo

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

If I have a unit of Fakyeli embarked in an Airborne Transport and the platoon has the "Air Cavarly" special rule, and I do a March Move with the Helicopter, then disembark the Fakyeli and then move again - does this count as a March Move for the Fakyeli squad? Since they have the Assault rule, this means their March Move cannot be reacted to - which is what I would like.

#2 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Mostly sure disembark is its own special action that is not a move and cannot be reacted to, so probably not, I don't have my book with me right now but the transport rules in the core book would be the place to look.

#3 Mike J

Mike J

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Disembarking from any vehicle is an action that is not a move action and does not provoke a reaction. Since an embarked Fakyeli unit needs to spend one action to disembark, they cannot make a march move - a march move requires both actions. After disembarking, the Fakyeli unit can either make a move action or an attack action. So, they cannot take advantage of assault (which requires a march move) on the turn they disembark.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS