Jump to content



Photo

EotE time line


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 TacticalBastrd

TacticalBastrd

    Member

  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

  So I know the adventure in the starter game takes place after the destruction of Alderaan. But is it before or after the destruction of the Deathstar?


"The probability of a successful dice roll is inversely proportional to the relative amount of negative impact its failure will have on your character."  -Murphy's RPG Corollary-

 

Co-Host of The Sabacc Table Podcast


#2 Vonpenguin

Vonpenguin

    Member

  • Members
  • 949 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

Aren't those two events mere days apart?



#3 TacticalBastrd

TacticalBastrd

    Member

  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

From what I could find online there anywere between 4 days and 20 days apart.


"The probability of a successful dice roll is inversely proportional to the relative amount of negative impact its failure will have on your character."  -Murphy's RPG Corollary-

 

Co-Host of The Sabacc Table Podcast


#4 DylanRPG

DylanRPG

    Member

  • Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

It takes place after the destruction of the first Death Star (the Battle of Yavin)

I'll see if I can find a specific page reference for this.

 

Edited: Adventure Book, page 30:

 

"Recently, the Empire's mighty superweapon known as the Death Star was deployed to destroy the peaceful core world of Alderaan. Shortly thereafter, the Rebels won their first majr victory against the Empire at the Battle of Yavin, where the Death Star was destroyed. The Rebel Alliance is currently enjoying a rise in confidence and sympathy, with many new recruits and even whole worlds throwing off the yoke of Imperial oppression."


Complete PDF Talent Trees:https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

 

Form Fillable Official Character Sheet: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

 


#5 TacticalBastrd

TacticalBastrd

    Member

  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

Thanks! Dont know how I missed that. I have an idea for a mission where the players have to salvage Deathstar debrie for a hut crime lord.


"The probability of a successful dice roll is inversely proportional to the relative amount of negative impact its failure will have on your character."  -Murphy's RPG Corollary-

 

Co-Host of The Sabacc Table Podcast


#6 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

    Member

  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

That would be quite a mission! If you end up creating it, and can share it with the community, that'll be great.

Good luck,

Cheers

Ceodryn



#7 TacticalBastrd

TacticalBastrd

    Member

  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

Thanks. Wont be able to start the game till after the new year. But I am really looking forward to it.

Im going to end up mixing the beta rules in. I wish they made this starter set just a little more in depth. 

 


"The probability of a successful dice roll is inversely proportional to the relative amount of negative impact its failure will have on your character."  -Murphy's RPG Corollary-

 

Co-Host of The Sabacc Table Podcast


#8 Kedex

Kedex

    Member

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

This is one of my favorite eras in the Star Wars universe. I'm so glad there's a RPG set specifically in this timeframe.



#9 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

    Member

  • Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

Kedex said:

This is one of my favorite eras in the Star Wars universe. I'm so glad there's a RPG set specifically in this timeframe.

This is the second RPG set in this era. West End Games was also set in this same timeframe.



#10 NathanPButler

NathanPButler

    Member

  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Vonpenguin said:

Aren't those two events mere days apart?

 

The destruction of Alderaan is sometime late on Day 4 of the film (35:3:6) or early on Day 5 (35:3:7). The Death Star is destroyed during the Battle of Yavin on Day 6 (35:3:8). So there's either two days or one day between. The victory ceremony is then on 35:3:9 (the day after the Battle of Yavin, allowing time for R2-D2 to be fixed), so Edge of the Empire must begin 35:3:10 or later.

And before you ask if I'm sure, I'm the guy who did the dates for the dated maps in the Essential Atlas and pinned down the exact in-universe calendar date for the beginning of ROTJ, so, yeah, I'm sure. sonreir



#11 Tassedar

Tassedar

    Member

  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

I belive its about 1aby so draw conclusions there.

#12 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

    Member

  • Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

NathanPButler said:

Vonpenguin said:

 

Aren't those two events mere days apart?

 

 

 

The destruction of Alderaan is sometime late on Day 4 of the film (35:3:6) or early on Day 5 (35:3:7). The Death Star is destroyed during the Battle of Yavin on Day 6 (35:3:8). So there's either two days or one day between. The victory ceremony is then on 35:3:9 (the day after the Battle of Yavin, allowing time for R2-D2 to be fixed), so Edge of the Empire must begin 35:3:10 or later.

And before you ask if I'm sure, I'm the guy who did the dates for the dated maps in the Essential Atlas and pinned down the exact in-universe calendar date for the beginning of ROTJ, so, yeah, I'm sure. sonreir

Something feels off about the numbers as they suggest that hyperspace travel is nearly instantaneous which goes against just about everything else setup in the setting, such as pirates using asteroids and such to pull ships out of hyperspace routes, or even the whole reason for hyperspace routes to exist at all. Some of this comes from the EU, but it also comes from canon sources, like the Clone Wars cartoon… Either these planets were a lot closer than some of the maps suggest, or something else is off.



#13 aramis

aramis

    Member

  • Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

Kallabecca said:

Something feels off about the numbers as they suggest that hyperspace travel is nearly instantaneous which goes against just about everything else setup in the setting, such as pirates using asteroids and such to pull ships out of hyperspace routes, or even the whole reason for hyperspace routes to exist at all. Some of this comes from the EU, but it also comes from canon sources, like the Clone Wars cartoon… Either these planets were a lot closer than some of the maps suggest, or something else is off.

The "Extended Universe" has had travel times to cross the galaxy (in a fast ship) kept to two weeks or less. The travel times were originally presumed by West End's team to be in days, and not too long after, retconned to be hours instead. 



#14 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

    Member

  • Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

aramis said:

Kallabecca said:

 

Something feels off about the numbers as they suggest that hyperspace travel is nearly instantaneous which goes against just about everything else setup in the setting, such as pirates using asteroids and such to pull ships out of hyperspace routes, or even the whole reason for hyperspace routes to exist at all. Some of this comes from the EU, but it also comes from canon sources, like the Clone Wars cartoon… Either these planets were a lot closer than some of the maps suggest, or something else is off.

 

 

The "Extended Universe" has had travel times to cross the galaxy (in a fast ship) kept to two weeks or less. The travel times were originally presumed by West End's team to be in days, and not too long after, retconned to be hours instead. 

Then the existence of Hyperspace routes is pointless and piracy isn't possible since ships wouldn't be travelling along known, narrow corridors.



#15 Tassedar

Tassedar

    Member

  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

Well if you are going to naboo from croissant there really is one path you and others go so it is possible

#16 Sturn

Sturn

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

Tassedar said:

Well if you are going to naboo from croissant there really is one path you and others go so it is possible

Was that accidental or on purpose? :)

 



#17 DylanRPG

DylanRPG

    Member

  • Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

Well, all I know is: after I have a big croissant, I always have to take a big naboo. So it makes sense to me.


Complete PDF Talent Trees:https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

 

Form Fillable Official Character Sheet: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

 


#18 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

    Member

  • Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

Tassedar said:

Well if you are going to naboo from croissant there really is one path you and others go so it is possible

Right… cause putting a pirate fleet right near Coruscant would be a great idea… :(



#19 NathanPButler

NathanPButler

    Member

  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Kallabecca said:

NathanPButler said:

 

Vonpenguin said:

 

Aren't those two events mere days apart?

 

 

 

The destruction of Alderaan is sometime late on Day 4 of the film (35:3:6) or early on Day 5 (35:3:7). The Death Star is destroyed during the Battle of Yavin on Day 6 (35:3:8). So there's either two days or one day between. The victory ceremony is then on 35:3:9 (the day after the Battle of Yavin, allowing time for R2-D2 to be fixed), so Edge of the Empire must begin 35:3:10 or later.

And before you ask if I'm sure, I'm the guy who did the dates for the dated maps in the Essential Atlas and pinned down the exact in-universe calendar date for the beginning of ROTJ, so, yeah, I'm sure. sonreir

 

 

Something feels off about the numbers as they suggest that hyperspace travel is nearly instantaneous which goes against just about everything else setup in the setting, such as pirates using asteroids and such to pull ships out of hyperspace routes, or even the whole reason for hyperspace routes to exist at all. Some of this comes from the EU, but it also comes from canon sources, like the Clone Wars cartoon… Either these planets were a lot closer than some of the maps suggest, or something else is off.

It's the overall storytelling conceit of the saga that hyperspace travel times are pretty much always "fudged" for story necessity. The info I noted there, though, is the canonical take on the issue of the ANH timeframe. Fortunately, when dealing with the film maps for the Altas, we never had to figure out the end date for ESB. Granted, there *is* a breakdown in the Holocron, but we just went with starting dates so as not to unhinge the "how long did Luke train" and "how long to Bespin" debate all over again.



#20 Deuterium Ice

Deuterium Ice

    Member

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

Okay, maybe I'm reading the original post very differently, but I thought the intent was the setting of EotE between ANH and ROTJ.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS