Broken leg trauma card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lunchbox412

lunchbox412

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

After our first game, this question came up: The "broken leg" trauma card says that damage is dealt for every move beyond 1…does the "run" action count as a movement or are you only damaged for movement steps?

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

lunchbox412 said:

After our first game, this question came up: The "broken leg" trauma card says that damage is dealt for every move beyond 1…does the "run" action count as a movement or are you only damaged for movement steps?

Run follows all the normal movement rules, so a Broken Leg investigator that moves twice + Runs would take 2 dmg.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 mustardayonnaiz

mustardayonnaiz

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

The broken leg card states something like "when you move more than once during your turn deal one dmg" I take that to mean anytime you move more than one space, be it two or three spaces, you are only dealt a total of 1 damage. I don't interepret it to mean every movement over one take an additional damage for each movement.

I always play the keeper and I always play it like this. But I play with inexperienced gamers and tend to go easy on them so they don't hate the game. 

#4 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

I had this same issue, and I argued favoring what Dam had said, but I found on BGG some ruling that said you lose only 1 stamina, no matter how many spaces you move. In the end I realized that this was much more fair, especially considering how quickly an investigator could be killed by this card.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS