Photo

Few noob Questions: Greyjoy's intimdate, character limit, etc..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ya_Boy_Haj

Ya_Boy_Haj

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

1. What exactly does the greyjoy ability "intimdate" do? I have the rule book and have an idea about what it does, but I'm not entirely sure.

2. Is there a limit to the number of characters that you can have in play at once?

3. And lastly what would you all rank the houses? Or at least their tiers. 

I'm interested in starting a martel deck, but since I havn't played with any martel or greyjoy cards, I want to know the effectiveness of both of these houses first.

Thanks in advance!!

#2 Totalgit

Totalgit

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Ya_Boy_Haj said:

1. What exactly does the greyjoy ability "intimdate" do? I have the rule book and have an idea about what it does, but I'm not entirely sure.

2. Is there a limit to the number of characters that you can have in play at once?

3. And lastly what would you all rank the houses? Or at least their tiers. 

I'm interested in starting a martel deck, but since I havn't played with any martel or greyjoy cards, I want to know the effectiveness of both of these houses first.

Thanks in advance!!

Prob have been best put in the rules section?

1) When chars with intimidate are attacking ALL chars with a str lower than them count as STR 0. Even your own attacking characters. Basically it means that the defender needs to defend with a character with a higher STR than the char with intimidate.

2) Nope. (well technically yes, the number of characters in your own deck and your opponents if you could take control of them all)

3) Depends on your play area as to what is effective.Large Tournaments see alot of Greyjoy, Stark, Targ, less Martell and even less Bara/Lanni.

#3 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

First two have been answered thoroughly enough.

As for your third question, the "rankings" of the individual houses is dependant on your local meta, or if you want to take into account regionals/gen con/worlds/etc. In my meta, contrary to Haj's, there are quite a few bara/lanni/martell players. They, in equal parts, make up about 5/8 of our meta. The rest of us play mostly targ/stark, with a sprinkling of greyjoy in the mix (I think we only have 2 of an almost 30 strong meta). It's all in what you want to play, and how you wanna play it. Any house can work wonders if you put the right amount and type of effort into it.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS