Photo

Storing all the cards (and unkown standups)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 AM_Odin

AM_Odin

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hi all,

This week I finally got around to storing all the cards and components for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. For those interested. Most of the action cards talent cards and condition cards are stored in business card showcases, the character cards fit in photo showcases (13x15 cm) and the standups fit in some old coin collection showcases. I probably could have gone for ccg storage solutions but well the office supply store was closer by home. 

To bring a bit of order into the chaos actions have been seperated between player and gm actions (and a seperate sheet for all epic actions). Aside from that I seperated melee, ranged, support, spell and blessing actions. Spells and blessings are seperated by college/god and alphabetized. The other actions are alphabetized. For me as a gm I have items, locations, conditions alphabetized and monsters seperated by group (as per Creature Guide) and alphabetized. 

The net result looks like this:

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd Stored

I'm quite happy with it. The only thing I did notice while going through the entire (expanding) collection is that I have around a doze of standups that I don't recognize and can't link to an adventure or creature card. Does anyone know of a way to recognize unknown standups? IS there a list somewhere of what went in what box or something? 

#2 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

I don't think there is a list for the standups. Easiest way might be to make a bad picture and post it, and then someone here will tell you from where it is/was.

Nice Card storage by the way. I have put the Action Cards and Monstercards into deck binders. But Monster Actions and spells/wonders I still keep as decks. They arent used that often, and if one of your players is using them, then he can look through the deck.

#3 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

I use stackable faux-leather knick knack boxes, just the size essentially for 2 stacks of action cards and then put standups in same box so I have a "skaven box", a "goblin box" etc.  Have to store group sheets seperately, with epic monster templates. 

Having cards sorted and handy smooths prep and play greatly.  Last session I needed an impromptu evil forest menace, and needed it to be awesome, and having cards presorted let me whip that up in the time it took players to roll initiatives.

#4 Craftzero

Craftzero

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

AM_Odin,  do you have a link to where you bought the coin pages for counter storage?

#5 AM_Odin

AM_Odin

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Sorry Craftzero, they were bought at a brick and mortar coin collector's store (yes I was amazed those still exist as well :))

#6 Craftzero

Craftzero

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

No worry.  Thanks for the tip!

#7 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

I put my standups in sorting drawers in my game room. 

#8 Bihor

Bihor

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

How many binders does it take?

It seems to take a lot of space.

#9 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

Let's see… I've got the following binders:

* Spells 1.5" binder

* Non-Spell player cards

* Monsters and GM cards

I keep the mutation, disease, wound, condition, miscast, insanity cards in a flip top box for use during gaming.

My "basic action cards" areput away..stuffed in one of my boxes (b/c we never use them).

I use the Monster vault to hold our chits (all jumbled together..there's no point in sorting those things).

The Adventurer's toolkit box holds our dice (plus 3-4 extra sets).  This is handy b/c I can just stick it out on the table and players grab what they need (we've got 4 players).

Player character sheets, tabletents, their cards, chits, personal coins, etc go into a gallon zyplock bag so we don't have any crap laying around after a game.  Notice that the cards for one of the players is in an album sheet.

#10 AM_Odin

AM_Odin

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

My cards are spread over five binders:

- A binder with all the player careers including the career talents and standups (makes it easier to select a new carreer).
- A binder with all player actions and talents.

These two are on the table during gameplay so players can take their time dreaming about/selecting new actions and careers.

Then there are three binders for me:

- All monster actions and monster cards
- All monster standups sorted by type (according to player's guide)
- All condition, item and location cards as well as all handouts from the printed adventures. 

It does take up a lot more space then stuffing the cards in a couple of the boxes, but it makes it so much easier to rifle through the collection and find stuff that it enhaces the game (for me and my group). It feels like having a good old fashioned book with the added advantage that it lets you take the appropriate rule out and keep it on hand.

#11 BTJ

BTJ

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

Wow, here's me thinking I was all organised with my core set box holding all my cards (separated with elastic bands) and largecards (careers, handouts etc.) and then all the monster chits sorted with elastic and stuffed in the creature vault box.

#12 dudefella

dudefella

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

I see where all the WFRP dice went… :/

#13 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Ha!  yes.  We have bought extra dice and my players frequently chip in to purchase new stuff.

jh

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS