3 replies to this topic

#1 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,406 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hi friends!

Shining Aquas had found a way of editing old posts in an absolutely brilliant (and non-intuitive) way. I'm copy-pasting his technique in the main forum so that everyone can see it.

First of all, all of this clearly works only on your own posts

1) Find the post you want to edit.  Right click on the "Quote" icon and select "Copy Link Location".  This will give you a long url.  For example, you can get something like this:

http://www.fantasyfl...com/edge_foros_responder.asp?efid=113&efcid=1&efidt=23177&efidc=760337

2) There are two changes you need to make before going to the above address.  Find the word "responder" and change it to "editar".  Additionally, take the very last "c" in the address and change it to a "m".  The result should look like this:

http://www.fantasyfl...com/edge_foros_editar.asp?efid=113&efcid=1&efidt=23177&efidm=760337

3) Enter it into your web browser and everything should work out.

After the FAQ released, that's the biggest news of the century

Thanks again to the friend who cracked this, and enjoy

JULIA

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,596 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

So you guys figured it out, eh? Ahahaha…. I wasn't sure if I should share it, personally. How else have I been changing the Daoloth thread for two years :P

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,406 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

::laughter:: generally speaking, the "edit" button should work for the first topic of every thread, even without hacking the message, shouldn't it?

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,596 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

Well, the edit button vanishes for initial posts just like with responses. So, no dice.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS