Talisman: Digital Edition

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

A great announcement we can hear from the Nomad Games! The Talisman: Digital Edition - a multiplayer version of the Talisman Prologue - will be available soon enough. You can preorder it from the Nomad Games website. Also a short movie can be seen there. More info there: http://www.talisman-game.com/talismande/

Enter the Talisman Island!

#2 Tiggurix

Tiggurix

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

This was exactly what I've hoped for since I heard of Talisman Prologue!

#3 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Do we know if it will be PC only?

#4 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Good question, I.J… though I can run it in any OS that I please on my machine. Does anyone else find the pricing a bit steep for the base game as a v.g.?

#5 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

I. J. Thompson said:

Do we know if it will be PC only?

From what I've heard, the inital release will be for PC/Tablet, and they are supposedly working on I-phone and other versions.

#6 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

JCHendee said:

Good question, I.J… though I can run it in any OS that I please on my machine. Does anyone else find the pricing a bit steep for the base game as a v.g.?

At $12.99, not in the least, I find it a very reasonable price.

#7 EvilEdwin

EvilEdwin

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

At £39.99 the Gold edition seems pricey, especially without knowing how much the expansions are likely to cost and how often they'll be released.

The Silver edition states: "PLUS - Talisman Prologue PC game (Desura key)."

What's the "Desura key" part about?

#8 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Well, the gold edtion ($65 USD) could be worth it if the number and type of expansions ends up being the same as the board game. If you want to take the gamble as well as investing in the future of the game, it might well be worth the risk.

#9 Fogity

Fogity

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

EvilEdwin said:

The Silver edition states: "PLUS - Talisman Prologue PC game (Desura key)."

What's the "Desura key" part about?

Desura is a digital game purschase and download service similar to Steam, it contains mostly indie games. You will have to create an account (free, the games cost) and you can then use the programme to download the game.

#10 Nomad_Carl

Nomad_Carl

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Hi Guys,

Although we cannot put a definite number on the amount of expansions we will make for Talisman DE, I can tell you that it will be at least 6. We have the Talisman license for a few years and in that time we'll be releasing as much as we possibly can! You can consider the Gold pre-order pack to be almost like a 'skeleton key' that will unlock everything we release in the future.

Whether you want to pre-order or just wait for the game to be released, we'd really love you all to vote for it on Steam Greenlight please! Every vote helps.

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=114705150

As a small team, getting onto Steam is important for us as it takes away some of the tricky technical aspects of making an online multiplayer game. It also makes it easier for us to setup things like tournaments and leaderboards. 

Carl

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS