Question about deck building.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bjackson123

bjackson123

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

So, I've just started playing, and am enjoying it. But I was wondering, is it worth picking up a full play set of each card? It's not so much the cost associated with picking up a second starter, but if it's not worth the effort I just don't know that I'll take the time.

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

Really depends on what you want to do and how competitive you want your deck to be. I think two core sets for this game is great. I personally own three but that is more to do with multiple decks than "needing" three of any of the singleton cards. If you can afford it I recommend the second set.

#3 Talamare

Talamare

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

I would say 2 cores is great to have

Most of the double cards I would prefer to have 3 of

Also I hate having only 1 of a card in my deck (for consistency reasons), so getting 2 Aesops, Ice Carver and CTrouble is a must for me

#4 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

bjackson123, what decks are you playing? IMHO, Haas-Bioroid and Criminals can easily do with just 1 Core Set, but everyone else has cards they could use a complete set of.

Also, instead of buying another whole set for yourself why not split one between friends? It cuts down expenses and excess cards while getting you what you want.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS