• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

It's small, but it packs a punch:

• Darth Vader (29) + Concussion Missiles (4)
  • Maarek Stele (27) + Push The Limit (3) + Concussion Missiles (4)
  • Bounty Hunter (33)

The idea is to launch a pair of concussion missiles early, with Focus on both, and then use stacked actions from the TIE Advanced and backup from the Firespray to further whittle down your opponent's ships. Meanwhile, you can take almost as many hits as the typical 6- and 7-ship Wave 1 lists, and you're more evasive than most equivalent Rebel lists.

There's more discussion here (and yes, this is another entry for the Team Covenant contest). I'd love to have your comments and feedback!

#2 deviant-dj

deviant-dj

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

I like the concept of this list. However i think it lacks major maneuverability which is where the imperials really excel. Personally id run 2 interceptors with the bounty hunter, get them in the rear arcs of ships and use them to force your opponent to make hard choices as to what theyre going to hit. 

#3 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

deviant-dj said:

I like the concept of this list. However i think it lacks major maneuverability which is where the imperials really excel. Personally id run 2 interceptors with the bounty hunter, get them in the rear arcs of ships and use them to force your opponent to make hard choices as to what theyre going to hit. 

I thought about that when I was building the list, but I set it aside for two reasons: first, the Interceptors are most of the cost of an Advanced (there's only a 3-point differential between the two base models), but the Advanced have much better durability--and they can also launch missiles, which I wanted to highlight.

Second, I think Interceptors might be a bad choice in a list that only fields three ships, since there's really no incentive for your opponent not to chase them down--most squads can afford to ignore the Firespray for at least a little while, and it won't take long for focused fire to take down the Interceptors. I really like the idea of forcing your opponent to choose between multiple groups of attackers, but I think the threat has to be more credible than the Bounty Hunter can manage by itself.

But I really appreciate the feedback, and would love to continue the conversation in the comments for that post. (c:

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS