Photo

Can someone sum up the new Dark Eldar Codex lore for me?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cailieg

Cailieg

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

I hear the Dark Eldar are now interesting.

Instead of shallow BDSM elves they are now supposedly somewhere between Cenobites, Fae Lore, Vampire Lore, Psychic Lore, and Transhumanism (how I heard it described on RPG.net). Which has me, to say the least, interested.

If someone who plays the TT or collects TT books for lore would be so kind as to illuminate the major changes (fleshing out/additions) to their lore I would be ever so grateful.

Alexis

*smiles*

#2 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

The main change with the latest Codex is that the Dark Eldar are now having their souls slowly drained by Slaanesh; instead of using gems to 'catch' their souls upon dying and thus keep them safe like their Craftworld kin, the DE have leared that they can substitute the suffering of others to slow the drain of their own souls- hence all the slave raiding and obsession with pain and torture…

Another change is that Dark Eldar are no longer 'arch-enemies' of Craftworld Eldar. They dislike each other, and sometimes come into conflict, but in the final analysis they tend to prefer that the Eldar race survives, regardless of ideology, and will thus occasionally work together.

Hope that helps- I'm sure Lexicanum has a detailed article on the revised Dark Eldar, if you want more info. Also, the module Soul Reaver serves as a semi-sourcebook on dark Eldar in Rogue Trader.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS