Smuggler / Scum factions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 papy72

papy72

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

I'm not sure what the point of these two factions is?  With only one objective in the core set how do you build a deck?  There has to be something simple I am missing… 

#2 Inksplat

Inksplat

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

papy72 said:

I'm not sure what the point of these two factions is?  With only one objective in the core set how do you build a deck?  There has to be something simple I am missing… 

That you can use them to enhance a deck currently, and later more will be released.

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

It looks like our community deck building project will end up using the smugglers and spies objective set, for instance.

#4 khadorstrong

khadorstrong

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

papy72 said:

Im sure there will be a larger set for 30$ (probably the first one released) similar to their other game systems(Khazak/Family Packs in Game of Thrones) that will completely deal with those two factions. 

#5 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

It's in the rule book, page 28.

"While players may construct many different combinations of decks from the objective sets provided in this Core Set, Star Wars: The Card Game is a  Living Card Game ® (LCG ® ) that evolves over time with regularly released 60 card expansions called Force packs, as well as larger expansions such as the Edge of Darkness (which contains pre-assembled decks and additional cards featuring the Smugglers and Spies and the Scum and Villainy affiliations), and The Balance of the Force (which contains components and rules for playing Star Wars: the Card Game with three or four players)."

So we'll get decks analagous to the 4 starter decks in the Edge of Darkness expansion for these two affiliations.

But I'm not waiting for that expansion to start building a bounty hunter deck. Check this build I posted here on the forums.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#6 papy72

papy72

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

Thanks for the replies! 

#7 SeerMagic

SeerMagic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

In a video with one of the guys at FFG, he said they mostly put them in there for a teaser. Like they did with warhammer invasion.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS