Eric Hotz

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

Can't judge their playmat yet, as  I haven't gotten it, but their service is absolutely horrible. I told myself I wouldn't play the game until I got my mat (HORRIBLE IDEA, well no one likes playing with me anyway =[  /sigh ) anyways, they take FOREVER , sometimes over a week, to respond to your email, and they sometimes never do, and after you order it says please wait about 5 weeks for delivery but you should get it much sooner than that. I ordered mine early august, it's been over 2 months, which is probably about 8 weeks now, almost double what their expectation is. I would have appreciated an email apologizing for lack of service or product, but not even a notice of what's taking them so long…

#2 Shooter McGavin

Shooter McGavin

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

I don't understand why people keep giving this company business.   I've seen so many complaints about them across the boards that they would be the last place I'd ever order anything from.  I don't care if they have the nicest play mats in existence.  I would never deal with those rude people.  That's just not how a business should operate.  

#3 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Shooter McGavin said:

I don't understand why people keep giving this company business. � I've seen so many complaints about them across the boards that they would be the last place I'd ever order anything from. �I don't care if they have the nicest play mats in existence. �I would never deal with those rude people. �That's just not how a business should operate. �

I completely agree, only problem is when I was buying I was hearing so many great things about them, ON THIS FORUM, so I decided to give them my business. Obviously now I regret it more than you can believe, and might try to get a full refund…

#4 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

I ordered from him a few different times, never a problem.  Except for here, I have never read about anyone with a complaint other than price.  Sorry if your experience has not been good but in my experience it is out of the norm.

Enimo Et Fide

#5 sozin

sozin

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

My experience: I ordered mine four weeks ago, got it last week, and he responded within one day to an inquiry in a courteous and professional tone.

#6 Gangrel

Gangrel

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

I was seriously considering buying a Hotz mat after seeing good writeups elsewhere. Now, I'm not saying I've changed my mind, but just wondered which other companies people would recommend. Feel free to PM me rather than hijack this Hotz thread.

#7 Sanguinary Priest

Sanguinary Priest

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

While I have no first hand experience with any mat maker other than buying a GW one right off the shelf, I can say that I've seen thread about alot of mat makers complaining about long wait times (on the order of months).  It seems to be an industry-wide issue.

@Gangrel:  If someone recommends zuzzy as an alternative, feel free to search dakkadakka.com for threads complaining of multiple month delays there as well.  I don't know if they're currently experiencing delays but those complaints come up often when the name is mentioned.

#8 Deku_the_Evil_Clown

Deku_the_Evil_Clown

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

I ordered mine on the 27th of november, and received it on the 21st of December. I am international(UK), and it was through Christmas traffic. So I was pretty impressed. I acually ordered it early, before buying the base set, so I'd definitely have the mat in time for the Wave 2 expansions coming out.

So I can't complain. I would point out that I ordered a standard Deep Space Mat 3x3. Maybe larger ones, with more alterations take longer. If anyone wants it quickly i'd advise getting the standard mat.

#9 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

When I ordered from them, It took forever to get, and I had to enquire several times to find out what was going on.  Each reply told me a different story as to when they would ship the play mat, and each time it was further delayed.  I'm happy with the mat, but I don't think I'll buy anything else from them.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS