Vassal

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Just letting people know I am on there ever night usually getting in a game or two.

I can give tutorial or if your down to play I am up for that.

I use vassal, but skype talk at the same time.

Add me to Skype: theterrainguy

Cheers,

Shawn

#2 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

Just so you guys know - all the Wave 2 ships are on Vassal, so its a prime testing playground.

Ran a loaded Chewbacca and two Rookies tonight with great success.  Other then his ship wobbling all over the board, lol.

#3 Sgt. G

Sgt. G

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

i have it but cant seem to find the links to get new games..wana help?

#4 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

you have skype?

#5 Sgt. G

Sgt. G

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

no..im WAY to ugly to have a web cam.

#6 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

you can just voice on Skype. It makes it easy to play

#7 Vonpenguin

Vonpenguin

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

Do we need everything on this page (http://www.vassaleng...Miniatures_Game)?

#8 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

you want to get all the 4.0 stuff yes.

I am gonig to leave myself logged in for the next few days - game anytime, nice distraction from working.

#9 TacticalBastrd

TacticalBastrd

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

I am new to X-wing. And love the game so far. Do not get to play much with my work schedual. So Vassal would help me out greatly. But I have no idea how to use it. Anyone know of any tutorial videos?

"The probability of a successful dice roll is inversely proportional to the relative amount of negative impact its failure will have on your character."  -Murphy's RPG Corollary-

Co-Host of The Sabacc Table Podcast

#10 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

If you have skype and add me I can walk you thru the whole thing no issue.

#11 TacticalBastrd

TacticalBastrd

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Theterrainstudio said:

If you have skype and add me I can walk you thru the whole thing no issue.

Just sent you a contact request.

"The probability of a successful dice roll is inversely proportional to the relative amount of negative impact its failure will have on your character."  -Murphy's RPG Corollary-

Co-Host of The Sabacc Table Podcast

#12 The Amazing Flight Lizard

The Amazing Flight Lizard

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

I'd love to play on it. I downloaded all the stuff for it. Damned if I can figure out how to use it though. Gets frustrating every time I try too.

#13 FarkonGnome

FarkonGnome

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

I'm usually looking for a game or 2 during the work day, if you see me online shoot me an invite.

#14 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

I've helped several people get started with this.  I would be happy to help you get setup and figure out how to get things going.  Let  me know if your interested.

#15 Traveller724

Traveller724

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

I too am looking to play on Vassal.  I'll be on vacation for a couple weeks in the middle of January (6th-19th) so I hope yo get a game or two in.

My skype handle is doyle.patrick, feel free to drop me a note on skype or e-mail me at commodoredoyle@gmail.com

have a Happy New Year everyone.

#16 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Hey guys,

Same here, I am starting to dabble in Vassal, and would be interested to play Xwing. I'll be back from vacation early January. My Skype handle is phboujon, and you can PM me here as well.

Cheers

Ceodryn

#17 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

I downloaded everything yesterday and was able to play a simple 50 point offline game with it even though I couldn't find the maneuver dials. If I can find those and get a squad set and saved ahead of time so I don't have to waste so much time setting up all the stats on each ship before playing I'll probably be looking to play this weekend.

#18 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

I have a file saved with every ship and pilot prebuilt and all the dials and templates for each as well.  Those that play or add me are welcome to copy and save the file, makes playing and list making so easy.

#19 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

I was planning to do new ones as needed and save them each for future use once I had them done.

#20 hospadam

hospadam

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

So let me preface this by saying… this is my experience with Vassal. But, I'm having hard time finding people in real life to play X-Wing with… so maybe this will work!

I've got Vassal installed, and all the modules setup. I was just trying to mess around with an offline game first. Do you really have to setup each of the ships everytime you start a new game? I got 2 ships in… and gave up! 

Is there any way to do it once, and then save it? Or does anyone else have that kind of file I can use? Like I said - I'm a newbie to Vassal… looking for any advice. Thanks in advance!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS