Art sleeves and . . . a reserve deck?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

I'm sure you've all seen that at the same time FFG posted that SW:TCG is now on sale, they also announced that the Star Wars art sleeves are also available. Feeling somewhat bored, I decided to read the article. To my surprise, I read this:

"Available in six different designs, each pack of Star Wars Art Sleeves comes with fifty sleeves, enough to protect a tournament-legal reserve deck for Star Wars™: The Card Game, making these Art Sleeves a perfect accessory to your copy of the game."

Wait, what? A tournament legal reserve deck? Last I checked we were purchasing Star Wars: The Card Game from FFG, not Star Wars: The Customizable Card Game. I know, it's a little nit-picky of me, but as I've stressed on the LotR forums, I think terminology is important. And if they're going to go through the tedium of naming the draw pile a "command deck", why abandon that name in official announcements? And why, oh why refer to the draw pile by the same term as a different Star Wars card game?

/end rant

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#2 Ulairi

Ulairi

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

I think you need to go for a walk. ::)

#3 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Yeah, I could have just said, "Hey guys, did you see this?" but I thought that would be a less engaging way of presenting the information.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#4 cpjolicoeur

cpjolicoeur

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Ulairi said:

I think you need to go for a walk. ::)

+1

and by walk, he means outside with fresh air

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

Perhaps they're trying to subtly suggest that you could also use their sleeves for your SWCCG decks, though packs of 50 is less useful for that.

#6 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

Ha ha! They changed it to command deck! I was hoping that would happen. Good on you, FFG.

--Count Dooku

#7 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

Was it really a reserve deck in SWCCG, though? I thought it was just a reserve.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#8 Ulairi

Ulairi

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

MarthWMaster said:

You are correct. It wasn't called a reserve deck. We had one deck in SWCCG. 

#9 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

Ulairi said:

MarthWMaster said:

You are correct. It wasn't called a reserve deck. We had one deck in SWCCG. 

If you look at your old rules (or look online) you will see a diagram showing a Reserve Deck, Lost Pile, Used Pile, and Force Pile. You are right that there was only one deck, but I am correct in saying it was called a Reserve Deck.

--Count Dooku

#10 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

For someone nitpicking terminology, I find it funny that your signature boasts a "lotr TCG card pool" consisting solely of lotr LCG products.

#11 Rozgutt

Rozgutt

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

I'm sure everybody means well but nobody's infallible, guys :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS