Flamethrower example in manual

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 comfused

comfused

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

I don't understand a part of the flamethrower example in the manual. (P25)

How can the Hot Dog hit the Heavy Laser Grenadiers and the Heavy Flak Grenadiers in one shot ?
Since they are next to each other

the same goes for the other example: Heavy Laser Grenadiers and the Hans

#2 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

Yeah, that's something that's always bugged me as well. Apparently, according to that example, because the Napalm is range 2, it can hit two adjacent targets, even if they're both at range 1.

This opens a danegrous precedent, specially for Range 3 flamers like the Fireball, and specially Tesla weapons with range 6. It becomes impossible to determine who they hit and who they don't.

#3 SeismicShock

SeismicShock

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

I think the idea is that they're "sweeping" the area with fire. I would say that section is one of the better explained weapon rules, haha

#4 Poyet

Poyet

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

Loophole Master said:

Yeah, that's something that's always bugged me as well. Apparently, according to that example, because the Napalm is range 2, it can hit two adjacent targets, even if they're both at range 1.

This opens a danegrous precedent, specially for Range 3 flamers like the Fireball, and specially Tesla weapons with range 6. It becomes impossible to determine who they hit and who they don't.

You still need to present clear & one trace to target unit , so for range two its 2 squares to attack , and for range 6 = 6 squares to attack.

I would prefer "have to choose shortest way to target" but i can live with that interpretation. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS