Using Intelligence for Macrobattery Fire

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tygre

Tygre

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Has anyone tried using Intelligence instead of Ballististic Skill for firing the ships Macrobatteries.  Intelligence, to me, seems a more appropriate characteristic when dealing with ships.

#2 Radwraith

Radwraith

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

Tygre said:

Has anyone tried using Intelligence instead of Ballististic Skill for firing the ships Macrobatteries.  Intelligence, to me, seems a more appropriate characteristic when dealing with ships.

This is the way it's done in BC. Consider using "operate" rules rather than RT "pilot" skills and it makes more sense!

#3 Tygre

Tygre

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

I did not know that it worked that way in BC.

Thanks for the reply.

#4 eBarbarossa

eBarbarossa

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

The idea makes sense, but it would give the Arch Militant even less to do during space battles, except from shouting at people to motivate them.

Actually, you could allow both:

Int if someone sits down and computes firing solutions and tinkers with fire control.

BS if someone uses basic comuter guidance, but does a lot by instinct and gut feeling

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS