• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 J0shjames

J0shjames

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

Hey guys,

I've just been playing with the core set so far and just had one basic question. The last game I ended up with both a sneak attack card and a gandalf card in my hand and this seemed an amazing combination. So i paid the 1 resource to play the sneak attack card during the combat round and as Gandalf enters play he hits a troll for four damage and then actually does his combat phase of 4 damage to the troll and then goes back into my hand at the end of the phase. I figure i'm playing this right but it just seemed too good to be true. Anyone interpret those cards differently?

#2 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

The way you played seems fine to me.

Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

#3 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Yes, that's a playable combo. However, you say that Gandalf did another 4 damage to the troll. Did you buff his strength or something or maybe you did not count the troll's defense?

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#4 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

J0shjames said:

Hey guys,

I've just been playing with the core set so far and just had one basic question. The last game I ended up with both a sneak attack card and a gandalf card in my hand and this seemed an amazing combination. So i paid the 1 resource to play the sneak attack card during the combat round and as Gandalf enters play he hits a troll for four damage and then actually does his combat phase of 4 damage to the troll and then goes back into my hand at the end of the phase. I figure i'm playing this right but it just seemed too good to be true. Anyone interpret those cards differently?

my friend you have discovered on your own what many needed guidance to find.  Well done.

#5 cordeirooo

cordeirooo

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

I'm with Gizlivadi on this one, unless you forgot to count the Troll's defense or buffed Gandalf's attack, you played it just fine. :)

Also, welcome!

Zwerg - a brilliant BGG user - recently created a LEGO model of Henneth Annun (hidden Outpost) and uploaded it to LEGO CUUSOO. Simply click on the link below the picture, register with CUUSOO (it's free of charge, and LEGO does not send spam). Then click on the green SUPPORT button.

http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/45646

Zwerg is the guy who made those nice reports with LEGO pieces.

#6 J0shjames

J0shjames

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone, yeah I didn't word that last part very well, i guess i meant to say that entering play Gandalf did 4 damage and then did his attack of 4 which was then mitigated by 3 due to the Troll's defense netting one more damage for a total of 5 damage for the whole play. I'm sure I'll have a few more questions as I'm noticing that generally the rules are pretty well laid out but there are a few cards i'm trying to understand the timing on but I'll at least give it a shot on my own before blasting a bunch of basic questions. Thanks again!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS