Photo

Vier Zwerge und ein Hund - German Blog about Warhammer Dwarfs - 20.12.2012 Potato Sealmaking for Handouts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hi folks this is a Thread to show you updates on my blog.

Currently I'm a little into handout and propmaking.

Have a look, google tranlsation into english might be a little bumpy but the latest version has lots of pics.

"Who like a orc can't read,

have a look and sneak!"

WARNING! Might Contain Spoilers for "The Gathering Storm"!

http://vierzwergeund...ffelsiegel.html

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

That's brilliant!  I love the wax seal effect.  It makes me want to do that for other things in life (like when I have to send records out ;)

Regarding the utility of this, it would be good for the initial handout of each new campaign.

jh

#3 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

I'm currently making some kind of research on Seal Wax. There are two different kinds available in germany.

Version no.1 is Seal Wax which sticks to paper and is flexible after heating it. It doesn't break when it is folded.

Version no. 2. Is Seal Lack. I cant get the correct translation. Lack means actually Varnish in english. Seal Varnish looks identically but if it cools down it is very hard and breaks if folded. That is the stuff still used in germany for documents like buying houses or doing important documents at the lawyer who has is unique set of seals which he has to hold under special care all the time. At night it is usually stored in the tresor and it is a real big thing if it is stolen.

What should I say, there is still a little part of Karl Franz Empire in good ole germany. :)

So most of my test I do where with Seal Wax. There the potato and metal seals work. I'm currently experimenting with plastik seals and buttons, but they always stick to the No.1 Wax and the seal is ruined. I will check if plastik seals work with No.2 when I get it. If this work there is a whole world of south german buttons used for all this octoberfest leather trousers market.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS