R2D2 and shields

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Amazing Flight Lizard

The Amazing Flight Lizard

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

I'm so sorry if this is answered elsewhere. I tried and couldn't find it.

So R2 fixes shields. What if all your shields are gone, and you're down to taking Hull damage? Does R2 effectively not matter anymore? I mean, can I have him on a Ywings, be down to one hull point, but still have him get me back up to full shields?

#2 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Yes. R2-D2 continues to function even if you lose all your shields. Your example of a Y-Wing at 1 hull and R2-D2. Do a Green maneuver and the Y-Wing will regen a shield and be at 1 hull & 1 shield. R2-D2 only restores one shield token per green maneuver though, not all of them at once.

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

#3 The Amazing Flight Lizard

The Amazing Flight Lizard

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

Thanks much. I will have a very happy 9 year old girl. I erred in the other direction and just assumed he was more or less dead at that point and she almost broke down. My geeky kids and I are pretty attached to Star Wars :D

#4 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

The Amazing Flight Lizard said:

Thanks much. I will have a very happy 9 year old girl. I erred in the other direction and just assumed he was more or less dead at that point and she almost broke down. My geeky kids and I are pretty attached to Star Wars :D

i understand! My 3 1/2 year old girl has been turning into a total Star Wars junkie since we watched Eps 1-3 over Thanksgiving weekend. She went totally nuts when we decorated the tree with all of my nerdy Hallmark ornaments (it looks like Lucasfilm and Paramount threw up on it *L*)

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS