City News, and a Thought on the Grumpy Wizard

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Darzamir

Darzamir

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

I just read the news, and I'm even more excited about the upcoming expansion!  I've been awaiting this expansion since I purchased 4ER and, by the looks of it, this is going to be the best expansion, yet!  The in-game economy will finally thrive!

I foresee a debate in the making, with the Grumpy Wizard…  Inevitably, Toadify will be drawn.  The instructions for Grumpy Wizard state "treat the Spell as if the person to your left cast it on your character", so they roll the die.  If they roll a '1', are they turned into a toad?  I would say yes, but others might disagree (especially the "person to your left").

#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

Darzamir said:

I just read the news, and I'm even more excited about the upcoming expansion!  I've been awaiting this expansion since I purchased 4ER and, by the looks of it, this is going to be the best expansion, yet!  The in-game economy will finally thrive!

I foresee a debate in the making, with the Grumpy Wizard…  Inevitably, Toadify will be drawn.  The instructions for Grumpy Wizard state "treat the Spell as if the person to your left cast it on your character", so they roll the die.  If they roll a '1', are they turned into a toad?  I would say yes, but others might disagree (especially the "person to your left").

The Grumpy Wizard is a nice card, but like all fuzzy cards involving Spells it will generate problems. I would say that the person to your left must roll the die and face the consequences of a '1'. I would also say that he can spend fate to reroll. But it might need official clarification.

The only thing that's clear is that Spells that affect Characters in some way, but target no Character (e.g. Acquisition, Mesmerism, etc) cannot be cast this way.

Did someone notiche that the "Weapon Master" card illustration is a clear homage to "The Curse of Monkey Island" videogame?

#3 Zozimus

Zozimus

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

I wondered about the corrupt sherrif.  Can he throw any character in any region in jail?  Or only if they're in the city?

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play. - Heraclitus

#4 Darzamir

Darzamir

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Zozimus said:

I wondered about the corrupt sherrif.  Can he throw any character in any region in jail?  Or only if they're in the city?

I would say any character (in any region).  It's not a reliable way to pull someone out of the inner region, but it would be funny if the card came up and presented the opportunity!

#5 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Seems like the corrupt sheriff can put a character from any region in the jail

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS